10 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: Reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Is it known when we could expect any actual reviews? So far we have mainly seen a an hour of guys maniacally laughing at the fact that somebody deployed a warrior.

Some external opinion would definitely a plus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Mini or Not doesn't seem to send lots of early review copies. At this point the Kickstarter is over so it's even less likely they would bother. I expect reviews when it's released.

Does it matter now anyway? Either you backed it or not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they presented it on GAMA in Vegas now. All reviewers are there. I would expect some comments about the gameplay in the coming week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It matters to those on the fence with regard to getting the 5th player expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't most backers only in it for the minis anyway?
;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in it for the sexy vikings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
Is it known when we could expect any actual reviews? So far we have mainly seen a an hour of guys maniacally laughing at the fact that somebody deployed a warrior.

Some external opinion would definitely a plus.
I haven't played it and don't see how we would get that before release / why it matters now anyway.

I assume it will be "ok" but it's still "just" a draft game with some guys on a map and likely with a limited amount of cards so I don't see how it can be all that interesting.

But what do I know. I haven't even checked the full video. Should watch it to know what the monsters are and such. They are amount the cards? If they are and there's 7 cards for each player don't that mean it was designed for them / they were always there? Alternatively that only a few monsters will be available per game just like wish the gods.

That later change the game somewhat between the games which I guess could make it somewhat more interesting to play long-term but still.. I'm not all that convinced it's a good / massive game. And considering the price of the whole game it kinda have to be =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Aren't most backers only in it for the minis anyway?
Minis is trash.

Go watch the Conan pirate fight. With wooden Meeples.

If the wooden meeples play isn't any interesting then it won't be interesting just because you've got plastic pieces either =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
I haven't played it and don't see ... why it matters now anyway.

There are no doubt backers who have pledged $1 to secure access to the pledge manager. I presume this is done to delay payment or defer the decision.

So it matters, at least to some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
aliquis wrote:
I haven't played it and don't see ... why it matters now anyway.

There are no doubt backers who have pledged $1 to secure access to the pledge manager. I presume this is done to delay payment or defer the decision.

So it matters, at least to some.
Ah, that's true of course.

I didn't intended to back it but Kickstarter was broken and hence didn't allow me to get out.

I've never had the intention to buy it but asked about backing / getting access late and regarding $1 and the refunding.

However I held a $75 from more or less the beginning because it was Lang and I wanted to check it out. I usually pick early-bird slots and leave and often set reminders and never visit because those trigger 48 hours before and I'm slow.

So yeah. Had a slot to keep an eye on it and checked within the last day, the site was slow for some time and an early bird slot popped up. I assumed I wouldn't get it but tried but the site returned an error message afterwards time and time over again.

Checked the site for any known errors and they mentioned that.

Soon thereafter it was quick again and likely at large worked as it should except my attempt to change to $70 had put it in some state where it was undecided on my changed pledge or whatever.

Every time I clicked manage pledge it just said something about it was processing my previous one and that I should try later.

Time and time over and over again.

And in the end the time ran out and it was backed / withdraw money because of that.

I also missed 2x Simpsons, 1x Top Gear USA and 1x Top Gear The Perfect Road Trip and a visit to the gym.

Had I gone to the gym at that time (23:05-00:00) I would likely had returned little after 00 and people posted lots of northern light pictures on Twitter from soon thereafter:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/norrsken
Stockholm:

Which on a rare occasion was visible over lots of Sweden rather than just up in the north.

I've just seen some slight greenish before too weak to know whatever it was real or not sorta..

But had I taken the bike I could possibly had noticed and get to see it myself too. But now since I sat in front of the computer and didn't saw any tweets about that until more like 06 I missed out on it all.

All of it suck.

And of course if I ask for a refund I get charged SEK-USD and USD-SEK currency spreads + additional fees on the card for the currency exchange.

Today from 3 hours to 5 hours forward we get ~80% solar eclipse.

But I haven't slept yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.