Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:
Quote:
In addition, the Character receives Supply form Rome -he can choose to receive 2 Gold, 2 Legions, or 1 Gold and 1 Legion. These supplies can be placed in any province, together or separately

If the player choose to put the Gold in the province where the Character is located, can that player put take the Gold directly with the Character's reinforcements? or it's necessary to wait until his next turn?
The doubt is because that option in the rules is written for a previous step...and apparently when the rules want to give that option, it appears clearly stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you choose Gold as your supplies from Rome, then it is placed directly into your reinforcements. I have the Z-Man edition and I'm pretty sure this is specifically stated in the small FAQ in the back of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
Yes, if you choose Gold as your supplies from Rome, then it is placed directly into your reinforcements. I have the Z-Man edition and I'm pretty sure this is specifically stated in the small FAQ in the back of the rules.

No, it doesn't appears in the rulebook http://zmangames.com/boardgames/files/triumvirate/Triumvirat...
and the rules are not clear:

Quote:
2. ...
If the Character is located in a Competence or Political Province while it is producing Supplies, the Gold from that province is put directly with
the Character’s reinforcements
(with the unused Governors and weapons).

3. In addition, the Character receives Supply from Rome – he can choose to receive 2 Gold, 2 Legions, or 1 Gold and 1 Legion. These supplies can be
placed in any province, together or separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK...i just saw this graphic with the answer. In supply from Rome it appears the gold directly in reiforcements.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
one of your provinces could then be where you are and you could then put them in your reinforcements . . . in fact in the FAQ it says you can put the legions from Rome anywhere on the board . . . (Z-Man version)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
LEHaskell wrote:

A strict reading of the rules would suggest you can choose to place Supply from Rome in a province you do not occupy. This could be useful if you want to bolster another player's defense in a province, for example. What is not clear to me is what happens if you place gold in a province occupied by an opponent's character. Does that opponent immediately place the gold with his reinforcements or must he wait until his movement to pick up the gold? Although not a common occurrence, I can imagine situations where you might want to gift an opponent gold so that they can use it to stop the third player from winning.

Good question, I would like to know this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
LEHaskell wrote:

A strict reading of the rules would suggest you can choose to place Supply from Rome in a province you do not occupy. This could be useful if you want to bolster another player's defense in a province, for example. What is not clear to me is what happens if you place gold in a province occupied by an opponent's character. Does that opponent immediately place the gold with his reinforcements or must he wait until his movement to pick up the gold? Although not a common occurrence, I can imagine situations where you might want to gift an opponent gold so that they can use it to stop the third player from winning.

Good question, I would like to know this too.

Note this FAQ entry on page 10 of the Z-Man rules:

Quote:

Q) When taking Gold as supply from Rome, can I put it in a Provnice?
A) You normally put it in the province your Character is in, so he picks it up automatically and adds it to your reinforcements. But you could theoretically also choose to put it in any other province you control.

That implies that the gold must be placed in your own provinces, not somebody else's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.