6 Posts

For Sale» Forums » News

Subject: available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
CSI has the tuck box "travel edition" for $8.99, in stock.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/212955

I presume the cards are the same as the larger box, but I don't know what they have for the coins. Still, for that price, you could buy it and some poker chips, and you're good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to For Sale >> News

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam, I wish I didn't have For Sale so I could have just bought this. Oh well...

Anyone know how the cards and chips are compared to the big sized one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The coins in the travel version are essentially slivers of paper. They are very hard to stack/shuffle. I would rather play with funny money.

The cards are playing card quality, pretty happy with them. Might sleeve them if they start getting more use.

That said, I really like the idea that it's the size of a standard deck of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
Out of stock. And they had 12 earlier this week.

I hope no one scooped them up in order to scalp them. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So glad I picked this up when I did. I'm very pleased by how much more space efficient and cheap this is compared to the regular version.

The cards and even the box are textured the same way that Bicycle cards are and the chips are punched out of playing card stock making them a lot thinner but probably not that much less durable than the original cardboard chips. Also, the box accommodates sleeved cards, though this doesn't leave room for the chips. Still very pleased by this purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.