Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Plastic Sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got confirmation that in Toronto, the game will be available on Friday, March 27th.

Do the cards need plastic sleeves? If so, is it known how many and of what type?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to the Fantasy Flight webpage for any of their particular products, it will show you which card sleeves you need. Check out the Armada page. On the left there's a set of icons indicating needed card sleeves.

FFG does this for all of their products.

Using the FFG code, Armada needs one yellow, one orange, and one blue packet. That's one Mini European (44x68 mm) size, one Square Card (70x70 mm) size, and one Tarot Card (70x120 mm) size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Covert
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:
Using the FFG code, Armada needs one yellow, one orange, and one blue packet. That's one Mini European (44x68 mm) size, one Square Card (70x70 mm) size, and one Tarot Card (70x120 mm) size.

You'll actually want two yellow, one gray, and one orange. The product page shows only needing one of each, but according to the Learn to Play rulebook, there are 70 of the 44x68 mm cards, and the yellow packs only have 50 sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, that was very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Japherwaki wrote:
robbbbbb wrote:

You'll actually want two yellow, one gray, and one orange. The product page shows only needing one of each, but according to the Learn to Play rulebook, there are 70 of the 44x68 mm cards, and the yellow packs only have 50 sleeves.

...and then the expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rat
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
robbbbbb wrote:
If you go to the Fantasy Flight webpage for any of their particular products, it will show you which card sleeves you need. Check out the Armada page. On the left there's a set of icons indicating needed card sleeves.

Aren't the yellows the Mini American ones (41x63mm)? Or is that a typo on the FFG page?

Also I'm pretty sure it's actually grey and not blue, there don't seem to be any square cards in the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RatofDrawn wrote:
robbbbbb wrote:

Aren't the yellows the Mini American ones (41x63mm)? Or is that a typo on the FFG page?

Also I'm pretty sure it's actually grey and not blue, there don't seem to be any square cards in the game!

Yellows are the minis, close to or the same as the XWing damage cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look on the back of the box.

If like x-wing sleeves are optional as the cards don't get moved about much. (I sleeve everything anyway.)

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:
Look on the back of the box.

If like x-wing sleeves are optional as the cards don't get moved about much. (I sleeve everything anyway.)

-M

I sleeve everything too. I just hope that when I become an old man, this obsession with plastic sleeving of things doesn't escalate to putting plastic over my couch and remote control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:

Rob, was this a guess? There are no square cards.

On page 14 of the Rules Reference, they show the standard FFG Supply icons for:

1 x Orange (70 x 120mm - Tarot board game size)
1 x Gray (63.5 x 88mm - Standard card game size)
2 x Yellow (41 x 63mm - Mini American board Game size)

[edit] As this info comes straight from the game, I have added it to the "More Information" section on the main page.

Actual card count

Tarot sized cards: 6
6 x Ship Cards

Standard card game size: 20
4 x Squadron cards
12 x Objective cards
4 x Reference cards

Mini American Board game size: 70
52 x Damage cards
18 x Upgrade cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.