Popular Tags: aos [+] convention [+] euroquest [+] [View All]
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to EQ this year. I live 90 mins. from Timonium, and I have some friends I can stay with, so going would be cheap and reasonably convenient. But the only tourneys I really want to play in are Ra and Goa, so I'll have a lot of free time on my hands.

If I know there will be AoS players there, I'll go just to get some games in. I'm especially interested in playtesting my AoS Puerto Rico map. Can I count on any of you to be Brothers/Sisters in Steam this weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't guarantee that AoS will be played all four days of the convention, but you shouldn't have trouble getting some games going. I personally know at least 6 AoS players (myself included) who will be attending.

I'd be happy to try your new map.

(FYI, there is a lot of open gaming at EuroQuest. Tournaments aren't the only things going on.)

[Edited for extra steam]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to learn age of steam. I'll be there Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex,

It's an unfortunate fact of life that Age of Steam was part of the Wild Card event last year and only got two (!) plays -- there were a couple of other games outside the time parameters (one of which involved me) that did not get completed adn thus didn't count. This year we are going with RR Tycoon as part of the Wild Card tournament (including lots of new maps). However, the cool thing about EQ is that you can play any game you want at any time. So, I am fairly certain that if you show up with a new AoS map, you will get some takers.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As you can see from my list below Age of Steam makes my top 10 list of games to play at Euroquest. But, I'm also probably one of Cody's 6 people going to Euroquest that will play Age of Steam. Alex, hopefully you'll make it Thursday for Railroad Tycoons. We're probably going to try out the RRT Limited New York to Chicago game. This game uses the AoS auction rules. Both the RRT Limited and Northeast Corridor games are sort of hybrid AoS / RRT games so you should give them a try.

Top 10 games I want to play at Euroquest:
10. Age of Steam, Tempus or any other Martin Walace Game
9. Any other new hot or cool game
8. World Cup Football
7. El Grande
6. Through the Ages
5. Battlelore
4. Conquest of Empires
3. Princes of the Renaissance
2. Caylus
1. Railroad Tycoons any version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nelson
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there on Saturday with a friend, and I'd love to get in on an Age of Steam game. We've both played twice before, but that was some time ago. If there's a time and a table please let me know where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Putnam did OK in our RR Tycoon game and in helping demo some of new maps, but HE REALLY DID WELL in the #2 item on his list, winning the Caylus event to prove his really strong result at WBC was no fluke. Congratulations, Pete! (Hope those local GCOM Hosts Choice games in July got you ready to win the big time tournament games!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, forget to mention that the lead poster -- Alex Bove -- made the wise decision to come and his strong play in the Goa tournament was rewarded with a first place plaque. Congratulations, Alex!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.