3 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sea of Blood dungeon boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Littlefinger Baelish
msg tools
mb
So I recently acquired the SOB extension and will add the dungeons and rumors in the mix of our RTL campaign. I've noticed that SOB dungeons offers boss upgrades based on the level campaign (ie : +8 hitpoints per campaign level) instead of the flat +8 in RTL dungeons.

It seems a good idea to keep the boss on par with the growing powers of heroes. Do you think we should houserule that RTL bosses follow the same rule as SOB's ?

what do you think guys ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian D.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They (= PBF players) were arguing about that some time ago. And I think now they just keep them as they are. There’s so much variation already in the game that it won’t matter that there are stronger and weaker bosses.
Of course there’s great emphasis in PBF to play as close to the rules as possible.

But just to share some thoughts: while it seems adequate at first there are RtL bosses with as much as +24 wounds. Doubling that for each campaign level might be a little too much. If you don’t mind improvising on the spot I think you could judge each level at a time (improving the +8W +1A RtL bosses and leaving the outliers as they are; or come up with an average increase for each boss with +10W +1A for each Campaign level, basically boosting most bosses at copper and nerfing some in exchange for stat growth over the course of the campaign).

I’m at a point with the game where I wouldn’t mind just straight up upgrade the RtL bosses with their values. There will be bosses that turn out too strong but my hero group already encounters bosses which they cannot hurt all the time (the hellhound with +3 Fear; demon bosses from fan-dungeons with added Fear; giant bosses with lots of armor and only 1-2 real damage dealers; etc.). So yeah, the game is swingy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
A static +8 per campaign level beyond copper won't "OP" those +24 wounds bosses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.