Subject: Sample game question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read through the rules, set up the game and the very first round of the first combat phase and I have a question...

Why would the Coalition player move Kutuzov east, pick up Buxhowden, then move back west to arrive in Bohmen?

If the intent was to move to Bohmen with a combined corps, would it have not made sense to move Buxhowden west to Kutuzov's location, then have Kutuzov (being the senior commander) then move to Bohmen? Or does that violate the only one corps moving in a round rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes it violates the latter rule. A bit unwieldy for sure. A better option is to have Bennigsen move, pick Buxhowden up and join Kutuzov.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, now that I've gone back and re-read that section, that method of movement would be necessary since what I suggested would have violated 12.1.15:

"Any moving army may pick up or drop off friendly corps along the way provided it always keeps the same army leader and its total move never exceeds the movement allowance (see 12.2.2) of its army leader"

Doing it the other way would have meant switching out Buxhowden for Kutuzov after the former became part of the latter's army - since Kutuzov's ranking is higher.

At least I think that's what's happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the same scenario, although I didn't see it stated in the text specifically, am I correct in assuming that Napoli becomes a French Dominion, owing to the French corps that caused Wellington to retreat remaining there at the end of the 1806 campaign phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.