Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a few people post questions about the viability of Myth for solo players. As others have pointed out, it does have good potential solo but there are limits to the number of characters you can easily handle and this impacts the interest and options.

From my experience, the most difficult aspect of solo play was managing all of the hero decks. It takes up a lot of table space to have the hero tiles out with all of the associated decks, discard piles, and played cards in their slots. As a result, I looked for and found a good work around that I thought others might find helpful.

I bought an app called Card Warden for iOS and imported the cards. After setting up the decks, I found that I could accommodate 4 characters at once. I also created some “label cards” to mark the cards in various hands vs. those in played slots. Below are some pics demonstrating the general layout. The layout for each character is a row for the cards in hand and ending in the draw deck. The second row is for cards in slots and ends in a discard pile. Note that I show 5 cards here but I realize there are only 4 slots – just illustrating how many can be laid out. There are also “trays” which I use to place unused cards, tokens, and so on. You can easily use this tool to track threat and damage on each character as well.

As a bonus, I can use the 2nd edition cards. I can also play with multiple copies of identical heroes - like 2 soldiers for instance.

General layout

Cards can be viewed close up

Here is a pulled out tray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Does it let you draw cards face down so you can play them as rage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can setup the deck to be drawn face up or face down. So, you could draw cards from the soldier's deck face down if you like and then flip them over when not using rage.

[edit] Responded a little quick this morning. To clarify, there is a toggle in the upper right corner that you can use to deal from decks either face up or face down. Just click it, deal face down for rage and then click again to deal face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bairnt Dittler
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
This looks like a great idea when playing solo. One question. When you Purcase the app dose it come with all the cards? If not how do you get them into the app.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not come with any cards. You will have to import them. For Myth, I took the a screenshot of each page in the PDF for the 2nd Edition cards. Then inside of Card Warden, you just go to Photos and select the Pic then import the cards individually.

You only have to import 1 image for each card. So, if a card is in the deck several times (like arrows for example) you only import it once. When you are done importing, you create different decks with the cards (using appropriate numbers of each image). You then go to the game table and add the decks you want to play with.

I have not done so yet but I am thinking about adding item cards and so on. I will probably add the trap cards when I get them eventually. For things like that, where you don't have a PDF, I have just laid out several on my table and taken a picture with the iPad camera then import them. That works just as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bairnt Dittler
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Excellent thanks I'll give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. I play Pathfinder Adventure Card Game on Cardwarden. So good thought.

Another way especially if you have a lot of cards and a scanner - you can scan 9 normal cards per scan and then transfer to the iPad via Dropbox. It does provide higher quality pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Anyone know of something similar for Windows? I'd rather use my surface than my old ipad if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolem wrote:
Anyone know of something similar for Windows? I'd rather use my surface than my old ipad if possible.

Ditto for those of us who don't use Apple products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
Dolem wrote:

Ditto for those of us who don't use Apple products.

OCTGN or VASSAL or Roll20.net, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that VASSAL is probably a good choice for a windows-based laptop. It is free too. I remember it being a bit more convoluted to use though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.