Popular Tags: [View All]
T.J. Boisvert
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets start at the end and go Tarentino on this one.

"I got really lucky to win the game."

After the last time we played and weren't playing it right, I have been itching for a game were we only played with 2 of the 7's like you are supposed to when playing 2-player.

So we get started and everything is going okay, we are getting crystals pretty evenly and since she went first she made the first contribution, I was behind a turn on each contribution there after. Something happened in the mid game and she made a big jump in crystals and I stalled with only 6, we were up to to the 10 and I just couldn't seem to get the cards I needed to give myself the crystals. She made her 10 contribution and I was in a rush to get mine. While trying to get the last 4 crystals I needed she made her 11 and thought she had won, but since you need 6 she was frustrated to find out that she hadn't actually won. Now she has no crystals and there aren't many buildings left. I got my 10 about 2 turns later and jumped to the Temple with a Flit card. She is still in the lead with only one contribution left and I had no crystals. She had 5 scales to my 2. I had to make sure that I didn't take the last scale to give her the 6 crystals, unless the 3 I got made it enough to let me make the 11 and 12 contribution on the same turn. We were rushing around trying to get crystals as fast as we could. The girlfriend got a really bad run of cards and couldn't do anything with her cards to get crystals or scales. This was the break that I needed. I scored a lot of crystals over a few turns and she didn't have many left. She was 3 places away from the Temple when she finally got enough crystals to contribute, she drew 4 cards. On my next turn, I finished off the Scales, got my 3 crystals which gave me 25 crystals, I had been storing a Gold card for awhile. My only hope was that she didn't have a Flit card to jump to the temple and win. Since I already told you I won the game, you know she didn't have the flit card. I moved to the temple made 2 contributions for the win. She wasn't very happy about it.

It was a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
netherspirit wrote:
She made her 10 contribution and I was in a rush to get mine. While trying to get the last 4 crystals I needed she made her 11 and thought she had won, but since you need 6 she was frustrated to find out that she hadn't actually won. Now she has no crystals and there aren't many buildings left. I got my 10 about 2 turns later and jumped to the Temple with a Flit card.

Looks like you were making another rules error here. The spaces on the obelisk do not belong to a player. Your girlfriend should have purchased the second 10, as it was available, instead of an 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J. Boisvert
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AllenDoum wrote:
netherspirit wrote:
She made her 10 contribution and I was in a rush to get mine. While trying to get the last 4 crystals I needed she made her 11 and thought she had won, but since you need 6 she was frustrated to find out that she hadn't actually won. Now she has no crystals and there aren't many buildings left. I got my 10 about 2 turns later and jumped to the Temple with a Flit card.

Looks like you were making another rules error here. The spaces on the obelisk do not belong to a player. Your girlfriend should have purchased the second 10, as it was available, instead of an 11.

We know, and now that I think about it, I am not sure why she didn't do the other 10. We were caught up in the game as it was very tense at that point, and I guess we both forgot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.