The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: My own humble storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
banana
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gf has these beauty boxes she's receiving every month (though she does not even need them ) and I'm reusing theme as storage for my cards. Just did the first four of them yesterday:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The art you chose is superb! The Shadows of Mirkwood reminds me of art from my childhood Hobbit book. Is that LotR LCG game art that I just haven't seen yet or is it vintage, your'e not going to find this on DeviantArt next level sh***? This is excellent work, hats off to you.

I love repurposing boxes, well anything really. Its like going shopping in your own home. You're also minimizing clutter around the house and recycling in one swoop. This doesn't look upcycled at all though - this looks professional quality - or better. Better because I like your art choice better than the LotR LCG box art for example.

More pics please! I'd love to see each lid closer up. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
GamerDAD!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I love this!! This is by far the coolest solution I've seen so far. What kind of boxes are those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great banania!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cigar boxes are easily obtainable. Find your local cigar shop and simply ask if you could purchase some boxes. I have never paid more than $3 and most have been $1. They are excellent. And no cigar shop has ever looked at me funny or treated me poorly - in fact it seems they welcome the add'l business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLaren
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many cards fit in the typical cigar box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffeeRunner wrote:
The art you chose is superb! The Shadows of Mirkwood reminds me of art from my childhood Hobbit book. Is that LotR LCG game art that I just haven't seen yet or is it vintage, your'e not going to find this on DeviantArt next level sh***? This is excellent work, hats off to you.

I love repurposing boxes, well anything really. Its like going shopping in your own home. You're also minimizing clutter around the house and recycling in one swoop. This doesn't look upcycled at all though - this looks professional quality - or better. Better because I like your art choice better than the LotR LCG box art for example.

More pics please! I'd love to see each lid closer up. Thanks

I will post more pic soon (made some more of them in the meantime).

The pic from Shadows of Mikwood Cycle is from LOTR LCG yes, I think it's a piece of art by Ben Zweifel.

The boxes are from:
https://www.birchbox.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.