Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Q Continuum Grand Prize rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(http://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=644162&ti...)

From the Gama trade show the grand prize for the Q Continuum is going to be Borg Sphere 3095. This is interesting because the original solicit we saw only showed 3 ships, a Klingon BoP, an Excelsior class, and the Sphere. If the Sphere is the grand prize, what is the other monthly prize? The Trade show slide does say that it is a 3 month OP with a prize for each month.

There is also a picture of something called a "Q-Continuum Card" no explanation as to what it is but my best guess is it's a participation prize for one of the three months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, another Borg OP ship. I can't wait. (Sarcasm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
The solicit showed a sphere as a month 3 prize. Now GAMA shows it as a grandprize. Maybe it will be one or the other. I just hope there won't be a separate month 3 prize sphere and grand prize sphere. I don't need two.

I just hope Wizkids doesn't have the balls to do that...

I'll see myself out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
The solicit showed a sphere as a month 3 prize. Now GAMA shows it as a grandprize. Maybe it will be one or the other. I just hope there won't be a separate month 3 prize sphere and grand prize sphere. I don't need two.

I'll see myself out.

Resistance is fertile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

I'll see myself out.

Meh...I think that two of them will really round out the prize kits nicely...

I'm gonna follow you out now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
Church14 wrote:

I'll see myself out.

Meh...I think that two of them will really round out the prize kits nicely...

I'm gonna follow you out now...

I see what you did there, and I salute you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinvictus wrote:
Church14 wrote:

I'll see myself out.

Resistance is fertile?

A few minutes with a debugger when the Borg were starting up and they could be prowling the galaxy growing crops and assessing soil fertility. Darn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Zinvictus wrote:
Church14 wrote:

I'll see myself out.

Resistance is fertile?

A few minutes with a debugger when the Borg were starting up and they could be prowling the galaxy growing crops and assessing soil fertility. Darn!

That was their original function: increasing soil fertility by copious use of electricity. Then they encountered the Tribble homeworld, and figured the galaxy was fertile enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There is also a picture of something called a "Q-Continuum Card" no explanation as to what it is but my best guess is it's a participation prize for one of the three months.

It could be. I could see it being an element to one or more of the events. Random effects caused by Q every turn or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how its says Highly Valuable borg sphere and then shows the pic of a hero clix mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that the month 3 prize ship is the Future Enterprise-D. I have a strong feeling that it might be because the scenario is called "All Good Things"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shadow_ravn wrote:
I hope that the month 3 prize ship is the Future Enterprise-D. I have a strong feeling that it might be because the scenario is called "All Good Things"

Or better yet, a Future Enterprise-D plus a Present Enterprise-D and a Past Enterprise- D

But that would be silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure it would be that. An Excelsior class and a Bird-of-Prey for the other two months aren't really related to Q, so why would the third month be so specific? Especially when the grand prize also is unrelated.

Maybe it'll be a warbird. We don't have any of those yet. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:

I only want a warbird if it comes with Worf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dprcooke wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:

I only want a warbird if it comes with Worf.

I wanna Worfbird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I'm waiting for the incoherent MU expansion grand prize that features all the Worf.

It will be called the IKS Worf with a unique text that says you add one to whatever Worf ability is used on that ship. It will have a Captain worf that has actual Klingon text on the card that reads "Worf can do what he damn well pleases." The Elite Talent will be "All the Worfs" and allows you to violate unique card limitations for any copy of Worf. Then Crewman Worf will make all Worf cards cost -1SP.

You can't tell me you would not play that ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I'm waiting for the incoherent MU expansion grand prize that features all the Worf.

It will be called the IKS Worf with a unique text that says you add one to whatever Worf ability is used on that ship. It will have a Captain worf that has actual Klingon text on the card that reads "Worf can do what he damn well pleases." The Elite Talent will be "All the Worfs" and allows you to violate unique card limitations for any copy of Worf. Then Crewman Worf will make all Worf cards cost -1SP.

Let's be honest, I'd run 3 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

I believe that would more appropriately be named the IKS Worfnado.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb

From the latest WizKids update email. So no ship for the grand prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2wierd wrote:

From the latest WizKids update email. So no ship for the grand prize.

Blargh. Can they skimp out any more on these OP prizes? 5 cards should be a participation prize, not a grand prize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, that directly contradicts the presentation that originally revealed the sphere's name. One or the other has to be in error. Something you think they'd want to get straight.

If this one's true, at least it makes the solicit make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Interesting, that directly contradicts the presentation that originally revealed the sphere's name. One or the other has to be in error. Something you think they'd want to get straight.

If this one's true, at least it makes the solicit make sense.

I'm inclined to believe the solicit first. AFAIK, the solicits haven't been erroneous and I don't think they'd piss off retailers by having an erroneously represented product for order.

Hm, Q Continuum cards as a grand prize. Anyone hoping for random scenario effect resource?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I'm inclined to believe the solicit first. AFAIK, the solicits haven't been erroneous and I don't think they'd piss off retailers by having an erroneously represented product for order.

I only meant that it shows 3 ships. Doesn't say anything about the grand prize or what the ships are for.

It is a little puzzling that they did have a big presentation where they explicitly said that the Sphere 3095 was the grand prize. There's an error somewhere, and its hard to see how they wouldn't have seen it! Hopefully they post the rules/instructions soon and it all becomes clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.