Popular Tags: [View All]
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 8.4 of the Superhero rules it states that Superheroes do not suffer the adverse effects of exotic magic.

The Stormwalkers type 1 storm, does not include superheroes (or Dragons) in it's description of saved units.

Is that just an oversight, or can the type 1 storm kill superheroes?

If they can't hurt superheroes, that would bring it inline with the Crater Makers one time stack attack as well.

I suppose a group could play either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L M
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Trust the Computer
badge
Roll low
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules (Avalon Hill version) say that dragons and superheroes are immune to the effects of type 1 storm and can save up to three units stacked with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

I have the Chaosium rules and it does not mention that except for Type 2 storms.

But looking at a pdf of the Avalon Hills rules that I have, indeed shows an addendum line appended at the very end of the Stormwalker's section.

So I guess the intent was to exclude them from the start. I wonder what other little changes are in the AH rules.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of additions:

{16.17} Tusk riders pay only 1mp to enter hill, forest, hill/ruin and hill/forest in clear weather (2mp in rain). They may not use road movement benefits but do receive ford benefits.

{18.9.5} Marathon game reinforcements bought with rps come from the dead pile or from removed units.

{8.4} Superheroes can save up to 3 other units in their stack each (2 superheroes in a stack could save 6 units).

{13.2} The crater maker's physical agent is not eliminated when they use meteor swarm.

{16.8} Earth shaker cult
Fracture lines need not be straight. The ends of a closed fracture line need not overlap. A type I quake can create a closed fracture line that surrounds 2 hexes. A type II quake cannot create a closed fracture line.
Fortresses destroyed by a quake still count as fortresses when assessing victory conditions.

{16.10.2} Enemy units drawn adjacent to Hungry Jack are eliminated if Jack's controller rolls 1-3 on a die. One a 4-6, the units may move away immediately.
Heroes drawn adjacent to HJ make a heroic escape roll, if they succeed, Jack is eliminated
Superheroes cannot be drawn to Jack. If they voluntarily move adjacent, they roll for heroic escapes (eliminate HJ if they escape).
Dragons are never affected by HJ.

{16.16}
Sun Dome Templars do not receive terrain benefits in combat (7.10.7.4). e.g. A SDT defending in a stockade satisfies 10 CF of defending losses if picked to be a casualty.

Other AH addenda:
The barbarian horde is part of the Sartar battalia.
The Sylphs are the Wind Children's physical spirit.
Ignore the red Emperor's * MgF (misprint).
The Twin Stars arrive only as a random event (roll 42). They are treated as a Lunar unit while in play. If eliminated, they can reappear on a subsequent random event roll of 42; they arrive in the Temple of the Reaching Moon if it is not enemy occupied.. If the event is rolled while they are on the map, there is no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.