Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone help posting a good, alternative Apprentice list for the new Priest and the new Beastmaster, both balanced with those in the core game (without using cards from other Apprentice lists)?

Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
Can someone help posting a good, alternative Apprentice list for the new Priest and the new Beastmaster, both balanced with those in the core game (without using cards from other Apprentice lists)?

Thank you in advance.

The highlighted bit is going to be the hard part. The "spell tome" expansions (i.e. Conquest of Kumanjaro and Forged in Fire) don't come with enough staples to build the alternate Priest/Beastmaster/Warlock/Warlord and the core set (and Forcemaster/Warlord) versions simultaneously unless you have several copies of the core set. With 2 core sets, I can *almost* make all the 120-point recommended starter decks. But even for the ~60-point apprentice decks, you'll need a lot of Tanglevines, Dispels, Dissolves, Feral Bobcats, etc.

Another issue is that the alternate mages use new cards with new keywords that aren't particularly conducive to teaching new players - which is usually the reason for making apprentice books in the first place. Generally, you want to keep things simple when teaching new players, which is why apprentice books generally omit conjurations and the more complicated enchantments. For teaching purposes, I stick with the 4 core set mages, building the apprentice books in the front half and additional spells needed to make up starter books in the back half of each spell book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.