Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant believe I'm doing that...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-inf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I enjoy the game enough to back this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hmm, the quarantine pledge level seems very light for the $115 (not including shipping) price tag. Are people backing this in anticipation of big stretch goals or are they just that passionate about the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boeck
United States
Eureka
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it doesn't seem worth $115 right now. I assume they have it planned to hit a certain amount and include more minis and what not. I'm in now but we'll see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's off right now.
The price jump from just the book to the "new lighter buy more cost acceptable base set" is fairly extreme.

Going to have to have a LOT of good FREE goals to get me to say.

And I'm glad I read the bit about shipping here.
I missed that on the KS.
I'm used to Mantic KS having shipping included.

Not sure how I feel about it now, with the price and completely unknown shipping costs...
Not even any estimates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rwwin wrote:
Hmm, the quarantine pledge level seems very light for the $115 (not including shipping) price tag. Are people backing this in anticipation of big stretch goals or are they just that passionate about the game?

You nailed it. The "lightness" was my initial impression too, but then I decided that by the time it had hit many stretch goals, it would be a good investment. They've already added on several things today, & I'm confident (based on participation in several other Mantic kickstarters) that the package will fill out nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Or it just becomes a house of cards: The initial rewards aren't enough so people wait for more stretch goals to be unlocked, which don't because the initial rewards aren't enough and so on.

Time will tell I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit anxoius too. I'm in on an early bird.
Haven't played the game before and don't own any of it, but I watched a lot of videos.
And while I am more of a fantasy geek (I'm so looking fowar to Dungeon Saga -Expectations so high it can only dissapoint ;-) ) once in a while I long for some Sci Fi action on nice terrain.
But I have to get used to this rat faction. I kind of feel that I like the Orcs and the Plague better. Perhaps I come around on the rats or maybe I'll be able to trade them in.
This Kickstarter is creeping along very slow (I am a bit spoiled by the DS-and Myth Kickstarters).
Two of the first strechtgoals are scenery which I suppose is nice to have but not very exciting. Well... Let's see where it ends...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hiley
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
In my opinion the game itself is solid. It does some very interesting things in terms of game mechanics and has a nice claustrophobic feel.

This is not a mass battle WH40K style game, but very much a skirmish level game at squad level.

The scenery might not seem that exciting, but actually the scenery is one of the most interesting parts of the game. The rules operate very much in 3 dimensions, and the terrain system is a really nice way to build that out. If many wargames have two phases of entertainment (pick your army list and fight the battle) Deadzone has three (pick your army list, build the battlefield, fight the battle).

I am into the new KS, I like Deadzone and I like Mantic, but I too feel that it is a little bit light at the moment and the pace of progress looks to be so slow that they may have made an error of judgement in terms of content for the pledge. The took this approach with Dreadball Xtreme, the KS for which (I feel) did not perform as well as it might have done precisely because of this issue.

If I were you I would be inclined to see what the price is for the original base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This doesn't really surprise me. Mantic has really alienated a lot of people over the last 2 years, and I think this KS really reflects that. Deadzone is really a cool game... it has some nice mechanics and nice scenery. But the company has really screwed up with very poor customer service (mostly lack of communication) and poor quality control. Not really quality, but quality control. I think a lot of people are not going back. It's a shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not jumping off now. But that's definetly an option if the deal doesnt get better.
now we have a stretchgoal I have to pay more for. The game mat will not be included in my pledge (I'm a newcomer to the game - no I won't pay for any add ons).
From my point of view all I get right now is a game with some basic troopers on both sides. Ok theres the piper.
I am going to wait where this KS goes and if I'm not satisfied I'll jump off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
igelkott255 wrote:
This doesn't really surprise me. Mantic has really alienated a lot of people over the last 2 years, and I think this KS really reflects that. Deadzone is really a cool game... it has some nice mechanics and nice scenery. But the company has really screwed up with very poor customer service (mostly lack of communication) and poor quality control. Not really quality, but quality control. I think a lot of people are not going back. It's a shame.

Yeah, and the longer this stalls the more likely I am to back out.

I already have 6 MASSIVE factions from the first go round.

The terrain will be cool though.
So im torn right now.
This is definitely a wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they managed the KS well after a bumpy start.
The All-In-Pledge made a big difference and though I again spend more than I initially wanted I think I am now getting a good deal.

Of course I get a lot of parts of factions and only 2 playable. But perhaps I can sell or trade some stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I jumped on the KS bandwagon at T-5hr today. Since I don't have the original, the $100 add-on for the original+expansion seems like a good deal, considering it's around $80 just for the base game on amazon and the contagion add-on is another $40.

locked down on the new all-in and I think the campaign just ended.

edit: nope, 56 minutes left on the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.