Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Blocks in Afrika» Forums » Rules

Subject: UK Production July 1940 - why no increase? & Shipping Losses question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the UK is devoting 5 yellow PP per turn to blue factories, why does their YPP total not increase after those factories are produced?

If UK sends finished goods to Afrika before Barbarossa starts, the Axis have no subs in the Indian Ocean, correct? So no shipping losses are possible (i.e. there is no MDR for finished goods, only raw materials)?

Similarly, can Italy add PP to the Afrika depot free of risk before they enter the war?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
If the UK is devoting 5 yellow PP per turn to blue factories, why does their YPP total not increase after those factories are produced?

If UK sends finished goods to Afrika before Barbarossa starts, the Axis have no subs in the Indian Ocean, correct? So no shipping losses are possible (i.e. there is no MDR for finished goods, only raw materials)?

Similarly, can Italy add PP to the Afrika depot free of risk before they enter the war?

Intriguing questions Chris.

As soon as the 6 Aircraft factories are completed, UK invests the same amount of PP in building 5 Shipyards and 1 armor factory:

Sending finished goods to Afrika, means that they are going from UK to the Red Sea around the Cape, thus they face both the threat in the Atlantic Ocean and in the Indian one.

Italy, instead, can freely send PP to Afrika when neutral.

ALL THE BEST

ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, I see that now. I didn't think that the Axis has subs in the Indian Ocean until Barbarossa? I don't see them on the setup sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right,

it does not have sub. Thus then the MDR is in play (i.e. when the British is moving troops by sea from South Africa to Aqaba.

ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.