Subject: Storage Solution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this game and it has a lot of cardboard tiles. I am inclined to think a plano box would be the best solution for storage and setup.

Has anyone tried a plano box or similar solution? If yes, what size? What storage solutions have worked for you (baggies, plano, etc.)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano box all the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lester
United States
SANTA MONICA
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the plano that you are talking about fit inside the actual game box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the geek, the box size is:
11.69 x 11.69 x 2.91 inches

It will be great to know which plano is the correct choice. According to he research that I have done online it looks like the Plano 3600 appears to be the best choice.

Let's see if we can get someone to confirm if the Plano 3600 will fit in the box and if it does a good job of holding most or all of the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using a smaller plano-like container and I've learned two things.

1) You really really really need a plano-like container to make the setup reasonable.

B) Having a container the right size is key. Mine is not quite big enough and, while it's much better than baggies, it's still pretty annoying to set up. I have to take the tiles out of the container each game because to store them properly I have to mix a few types together and store the sails sideways instead of in neat piles that players could grab them from.

So, I'm also curious which plano is the correct size, because I should upgrade my solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
I am using a smaller plano-like container and I've learned two things.

1) You really really really need a plano-like container to make the setup reasonable.

B) Having a container the right size is key. Mine is not quite big enough and, while it's much better than baggies, it's still pretty annoying to set up. I have to take the tiles out of the container each game because to store them properly I have to mix a few types together and store the sails sideways instead of in neat piles that players could grab them from.

So, I'm also curious which plano is the correct size, because I should upgrade my solution

I'm guessing you are using a Plano 3500 (if Plano) which will easily fit in the box, but won't offer a full service of options for the components. My game arrives tomorrow and my family is off to the store later today to grab a plano box or two. I think I am going to get a 3600 and a 3500 (just in case). If anyone can come back with some more concrete info before then, I would be super grateful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, mine is not plano but the dimensions are similar to the 3500. Mine is roughly LxWxH -> 9"x4.5"x1.5"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my plano solution:

It works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The can confirm the 11" plano (or similar brand) is the correct size. I couldn't quite put every single bit in the plano box, but a container of any bigger size will not fit in the box. It fits almost every single thing I would want.

I ended up using the Plano 11" 3650 ProLatch Twenty Compartment Organizer and I'm very happy with it. I fit all the smaller bit bits except for the coins and few wooden bits (4 colored cubes, starting player marker, other marker) in the box.

It looks very similar to Bryan's example in the post above this one. I hope that info helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I did a foamcore insert which reduces the set up time drammatically!!
I'll try to upload some pics later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What box is this it looks great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up making my own out of foam core. It worked out well and helps a lot with set time and pack up time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.