Nick C.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all. I completed my first auction last week and it all went smoothly except for one of the bidders has gone MIA. I have sent multple messages to him and see that he has logged in to the site but I have heard nothing in return. It's a shame since he BIN'ed the item which stopped any further bidding.

Is my only recourse to leave him negative feedback? I now notice that he has done the same thing to some other sellers. I guess I should have checked that beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should contact an admin about the issue. Maybe Octavian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds frustrating.

Help / Admins shows that Octavian is the admin for "Marketplace-Trade Dispute Resolution".

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've tried to sort it out yourself and failed, I'd go ahead and contact Octavian the Community Manager:

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick C.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dzablocki wrote:
I am sorry to have to read this Nick. You have treated me well. Please don't let this sour your first auction. I love the German imports.

Thanks and don't worry it hasn't. I actually have some more coming in soon =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is frustrating, sorry to hear about the problems. I get even more frustrated when people just don't respond at all. If someone were to do this to me I would probably be willing to work with them if they were just polite enough to respond to the messages.

Sorry about the ramble kinda dealing with a similar issue but not on BBG. I have only ever had great selling/buying/trading experiences on this site. Knock on wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd message other people that had been on it, and try to sell it to them. Or, search for other BGG users that want it, and send out a few emails to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
I'd message other people that had been on it, and try to sell it to them. Or, search for other BGG users that want it, and send out a few emails to them.

I would not do that before talking with an admin first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
mjacobsca wrote:

I would not do that before talking with an admin first.

That's why in all my auctions I reserve the right to award games to the next highest bidder if payment is not received in 3 days. I don't like waiting around, and the rule has made my auctions more stress free. Keeps my items moving and I can email an admin at my leisure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.