Subject: Ticket to Ride: 1910. My first review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark R.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Ticket to Ride, so when the wife forewarded the email from Days of Wonder, we had to preorder the expansion. First night, we played the Mega Game, and a couple days ago, we played the Big City variant.

Backing up, the card art work is a little better than the originals, not quite Marklin good, but good. The full size cards on their own are almost worth the price of the expansion!

Now for a little game play review:

The mega game is great! New locations give the game new life, even with just 2 players, you don't know where the other is going.

Big Cities is equally good. I especially like this one. With just 2 players, certain cities are very valuable - like New York. With more players, it would be chaos. The Big Cities game is very east coast centered, kinda killing the big route strategy (taking Seattle to NY or LA to Miami for the 6 car trains). But with the new (from Europe/Marklin) most routes card, its quite good. Both of us finished with 11 routes our first game.

Well, thats a quick review. I'd give it a 5/5, 100%, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree that the cards alone is worth the price (to me). Having the new routes and the ability to play different versions works for me, as well. We played the Mega game and at least for me, it still felt like TtR. Which is a good thing as this is my favorite of the versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Capach
United States
Maybrook
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree on the cards. They're so much easier to shuffle! Plus the artwork is good, too.

I've yet only played the Mega Game, and only once. I agree also that it feels just like TtR, with one exception: the score. Perhaps it was just luck of the draw the one time but it was the first time I ever saw someone get over 200 points (225 to be exact) in TtR!

I'm glad they included the Mystery Train destination tickets, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpio, what do you think of the various expansion versions as far as improving the 2 player game?

I'd love to hear what someone has to say about the game from a 2 player point of view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark R.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes it a whole lot tighter.

In most games, there might be only one or 2 cities/routes in contention between the two of us, but I feel all the expansions up that number. This is especially true with 1910 and Big Cities - theres less of a west ward push. With the mega game, it is slightly tighter on the east coast, because theres just so many routes. But on the other hand, a patient player can chose open areas, because there so many available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.