dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking bakc at some old ideas i had for giving qwixx a theme and making it a bit more involved (or convoluted...), when i thought of making a board for the game, perhaps to be printed on fabric (something i've done before for other games), then i saw this picture here in the database:

which inspred me to this creation:

The idea is that players would use tokens/glass gems to keep track of what they are scoring.

So question:

If you were to design a board version of qwixx, what are the most important things to consider?

Do you like the idea of a scoring track? Do you like the added chinese black die variant?

Anything else you would add/change?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care for the scoring track. Takes up space and doesn't really add to the game.

Not familiar with the black die variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy Weiche
United States
Sapulpa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the board you made looks great. I'm not certain about the scoring track - we just usually use d10 or percentile or whatnot for score trackers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice scoring track! Actually, I was looking for suggestions on how to make a scoring track when I stumbled across your post. Can I ask what program you used to make it? Any advice you'd have for a first-time board designer?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
gidorah wrote:
Nice scoring track! Actually, I was looking for suggestions on how to make a scoring track when I stumbled across your post. Can I ask what program you used to make it? Any advice you'd have for a first-time board designer?

Cheers!

Advice? oh dear... sorry.. no, not really.. depends on what you're doing and what kind of experience you have.
I've mostly been using adobe illustrator but i think there are other vector based programs around these days that are cheaper but just as good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dennisthebadger wrote:
gidorah wrote:

Cheers!

Advice? oh dear... sorry.. no, not really.. depends on what you're doing and what kind of experience you have.
I've mostly been using adobe illustrator but i think there are other vector based programs around these days that are cheaper but just as good...

That's a good start. Thanks, Dennis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.