Hide
4 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra Activations - Lack of Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill C
msg tools
According to the rules if you don't have enough miniatures of a spawned zombie type all of said type gets ONE extra activation regardless if you are 1 mini short or 5.

However my friends and I had a debate with sewer spawns. We had to spawn 6 Fatties from 6 different sewer locations. We only had 4 fatties (accompanying walkers were not an issue). So we were 2 Fatties short. According to the rules as I understood them is that all Fatties would get ONE extra activation, but one friend asked the question if it mattered that the Fatties were assigned to two different locations, instead of the typical 1 location like a spawn in a room or a normal spawn zone? Hence all Fatties getting TWO activations.

What is the ruling here, would the fatties get 1 or 2 activations?
Does the extra activations due to an insufficient amount of miniatures apply to each spawn LOCATION... or each spawn CARD?

Hope this is clear... tough to explain.

- WSC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
However, players may still run out of miniatures of the indicated type when required to place a Zombie on the board (when spawning, populating a building, or due to splitting). In this case, the remaining Zombies are placed (if there are any), and then all Zombies of the requested type immediately gain an extra activation.

I read that as simply one extra activation for running out of minis no matter how many locations require the mini of that type.

EDIT: By the by, I would see it as one location i.e. the sewers (manholes) anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Count it as per card. So if the spawn comes up for Fatties in Manholes (how do they fit by the way... :-) ) just do the one activation for all the fatties on the board, or at the point from which you run out of ones to place.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill C
msg tools
Great thanks for yer help.

- WSC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.