Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was in a game store the other day. A man came in and wanted to return this game (I believe it was this version). The reason being the were events that were not accurate. I didn't want to get involved, but I was curious if anyone has noticed errors in this or another version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
There are definitely errors; I've seen them in every version of this game I've played.

Sometimes the data is wrong; sometimes the picture and/or title is wrong. (Sloppy translation sometimes plays a role, too. Apparently fact-checking isn't something anyone wanted to spend time or money on.)

It's to the point that I precede every game of this that I play with a disclaimer: "This game has errors; if you believe a card is wrong, we can and will check it, just speak up."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make it a new variant... if someone challenges a card, just google or wiki it. If they were right, they play the card AND discard another one. If they were wrong, draw 2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Patterson
Germany
Griesheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My historical set has Charlemagne being crowned Western Emperor in 1939. It should be 800, so quite a big difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Kessler
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The US Historical set has Gerold Ford elected President. Considering he's the only president not elected to either Vice President or President, it's an amusing error. Plus, the date is wrong for when he became president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC someone mentioned that the errors in the cards were fixable by the owners with sharpies.. and that this was encouraged by the designer..

Cannot find the source of that .. but was pretty sure it was here on teh Geek..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kasaiz wrote:
The US Historical set has Gerold Ford elected President. Considering he's the only president not elected to either Vice President or President, it's an amusing error. Plus, the date is wrong for when he became president.

You think they'd fix that in reprints. This information kind of turns me off to the game. Part of the appeal is the learning experience. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.