Subject: Lestocq the Defender rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As the final Prussian corps on the board and already having retreated from Napoleon's massive army, Lestocq's spent forces faced down the combined might of three rested French corps and allies.

After the dust settled, neither force inflicted any damage on the other. For the modified tiebreaker the French forces rolled a 3 +2(TBM) for a total of 5. Lestocq matched their 5 on one die. As he was the defender he wins the tiebreaker.

I'm trying to determine the next steps. From what I can tell, neither side takes any losses; the French are spared the normal extra loss since it was a tiebreaker, so all of section 13.4.1 can be skipped.

Lestocq was already spent. All engaged French forces are now similarly spent.

In this particular case, only a portion of the total French army had engaged the single Prussian corps (the remainder were left in the battle area) - section 13.4.2 states that the losing corps including those unengaged must all retreat.

So the map would look like this:

Am I playing this correctly?

What options does the Coalition player have for moving his corps away from Napoleon before the start of the next campaign round (it's 1807 so the French will move first)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It seems right.

Winter attrition may hurt the French army a bit, but unless the Coalition player gas and pays indecision, Lestocq will face them again in the spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Mainzer
Germany
Nümbrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't Prussia surrender in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braunschweig wrote:
Wouldn't Prussia surrender in this case?

I think that action comes at the end of the complete campaign for that year, so once the winter is done, and if there are still French troops either in the capital or who outnumber Coalition troops (I think that's the rule) then I'd switch them from C to F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Fabian is right as I didn't pay attention to the positions. If the French occupy Brandenburg and outnumber the Allies (only Lestocq in this case) Prussia would normally surrender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaud Verlaque wrote:
Fabian is right as I didn't pay attention to the positions. If the French occupy Brandenburg and outnumber the Allies (only Lestocq in this case) Prussia would normally surrender.

But the surrender would only happen after the Campaign phase, correct? At which point Prussia goes neutral and all Prussian forces on the map are removed. Then in the following Diplomacy phase France can create a dominion through card play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Mainzer
Germany
Nümbrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSleep wrote:
Renaud Verlaque wrote:

But the surrender would only happen after the Campaign phase, correct? At which point Prussia goes neutral and all Prussian forces on the map are removed. Then in the following Diplomacy phase France can create a dominion through card play.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.