Subject: Anyone seen this game in the US? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Has anyone seen this game for sale in the United States? If not, has anyone seen an expected stocking date for anywhere in the US?

I've made several inquiries to game stores, big box stores (Target, Walmart), and online game retailers asking if they'll be stocking the new Star Wars Risk. So far I've heard back from:

Boulder Games- probably won't carry it
Time Well Spent- probably won't carry it
Funagain Games- will carry it, but doesn't know when it will be available
Target- doesn't have it in stock, I got a form letter response telling me to wait and how to ask customer service at my local store to check surrounding stores.

Not speaking to the quality of either game, but only in terms of their release, this game strikes me as the anti-battelore. No hype. No advertisements. No countdown to the release day. No pre-orders. The game just....shows up....in Canada. The only company selling it (that we know of)- Toys R Us doesn't list it on their US or their Canadian website! Of course Hasbro is probably right not to put too much money into advertising. Put the words RISK and STAR WARS together on a box, and the game will sell itself I think.

I'll post back here with any other responses I get. I hope this shows up in the states before Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
games surplus' distributors don't carry Parker Brothers games, so they will not be selling the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It will only be available at Toys R Us, at least for the time being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Any idea when Toys R Us will get it in stock in the US? I just got a reply back from them saying they're not carrying it currently, but they didn't give any expected stocking date. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know is that it went out the door. Anything else is going to be speculation and that never goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Well, the response I got back from Toys R Us-USA is that they don't have the game in stock and can't say when they will.

Obi-Wan says "This is not the game you're looking for......."

Hopefully it shows up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, haven't found any in my TRU. They have plenty of CW Risk though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Robertson

California
msg tools
soblue
ToysRUS has it on the web site. But, the image does not match; still Star Wars CW.
It claims Original Trilogy version is in stock.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2457552&c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
United States
Alma
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but if you check out the pictures, the box art is the CW version, but the board is the new one!

YIPEE!

Order placed - game coming. Thanksgiving joy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Good catch on the board image. ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
United States
Alma
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone second guessing the TRU site, the game you order is indeed the OT Risk game. Received mine this afternoon.

PT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at Toys'R'Us today and they had it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I went to the Toysrus today and they had loads of Risk Star Wars Clone Wars, but no Risk Original Trilogy. Maybe you are confusing the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to TRU in Austin on Saturday and they were cleaned out of just about everything. I'll check back in one of these days to see if they've restocked any Original Trilogy sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Got one today at Toysrus here in Pittsburgh. They only had two left. $25.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kindt
United States
Kirkwood
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prizziap wrote:
Has anyone seen this game for sale in the United States? If not, has anyone seen an expected stocking date for anywhere in the US?

To my understanding, Toys R Us has this exclusive "for awhile," whatever that means.(previous commented edited 8 January 2007). Anyway, I picked up a copy at the St. Louis Toys R Us on Saturday 6 January 2007 for $25.99. (They had about eight copies.) And I saw it on Monday 8 January 2007 at my local Target (St. Louis, Missouri) for the same price, about six on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yea, i was wondering the same thing.

A friend of mine (who isn't really into the boardgame world at all)

went out of her way to look for a copy of this game online, since she had heard me talk about it, and said she ordered online somewhere but they told her it wouldnt be released until january.

She's starting to get kind of worried about my gift, but I assured her that new games are often late in arriving to store shelves.

Still, I was wondering if this was showing up anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I picked up my copy at a San Diego area Target last Thursday (1/11/07). I believe the price was $26.

doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Seen it at 2 TRUs out on Long Island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Jan 13th, 07, Saw 3 on the shelf at our local Target in Twin Falls, Idaho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ross
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine from www.toysrus.com
... a few days later, I'm looking at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Matusiak
United States
Farmingville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it at Target here on LI for $24.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prizziap wrote:

I've made several inquiries to game stores, big box stores (Target, Walmart), and online game retailers asking if they'll be stocking the new Star Wars Risk. So far I've heard back from:

Boulder Games- probably won't carry it
Time Well Spent- probably won't carry it
Funagain Games- will carry it, but doesn't know when it will be available
Target- doesn't have it in stock, I got a form letter response telling me to wait and how to ask customer service at my local store to check surrounding stores.

Not speaking to the quality of either game, but only in terms of their release, this game strikes me as the anti-battelore. No hype. No advertisements. No countdown to the release day. No pre-orders. The game just....shows up....in Canada. The only company selling it (that we know of)- Toys R Us doesn't list it on their US or their Canadian website! Of course Hasbro is probably right not to put too much money into advertising. Put the words RISK and STAR WARS together on a box, and the game will sell itself I think.

I'll post back here with any other responses I get. I hope this shows up in the states before Christmas.

6 years later, I picked-this up via a generous offer from someone on the Geek... paid about what I would have paid retail new. Played once, it kicks some serious butt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.