Popular Tags: [View All]
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm new to this wonderful game, and now that I've reached scenario 3, I want to clarify certain facts before we play it tonight. I ttied to look forthe info but ccouldn't find it. I'm sorry if this are noobie questions as I tried not to ask unnecessary questions by posting a new thread.

1) I don't understand how the Raft card in the scenario card functions. I do understand that after building the item, we can use it together with an exploration action, assigned with 1 pawn, to rescue Jenny. But I get confused by the two single pawn next to the /. I'm not quite sure what it means as it has no color (brown, gray or green).
2) So Jenny gets just 2 wounds every turn before she is rescued, is that right? That's what the card says. I'm confused because if she stays on the rock, without food and shelter, she would suffer at least 3 wounds each turn, due to 2 wounds without food and 1 wound without shelter.
3) After Jenny has been rescued, she can never perform any actions (resolve event cards, hunting, build, gather resources or explore, not even arranging the camp) other than rest, is that correct? And she is subject to wounds from no shelter and food too. So she's practically a burden to the players if that's the case.

Thanks for your time and appreciate very much for the quick reply.

Jin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Westrope
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
jininthenet wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this wonderful game, and now that I've reached scenario 3, I want to clarify certain facts before we play it tonight. I ttied to look forthe info but ccouldn't find it. I'm sorry if this are noobie questions as I tried not to ask unnecessary questions by posting a new thread.

1) I don't understand how the Raft card in the scenario card functions. I do understand that after building the item, we can use it together with an exploration action, assigned with 1 pawn, to rescue Jenny. But I get confused by the two single pawn next to the /. I'm not quite sure what it means as it has no color (brown, gray or green).
2) So Jenny gets just 2 wounds every turn before she is rescued, is that right? That's what the card says. I'm confused because if she stays on the rock, without food and shelter, she would suffer at least 3 wounds each turn, due to 2 wounds without food and 1 wound without shelter.
3) After Jenny has been rescued, she can never perform any actions (resolve event cards, hunting, build, gather resources or explore, not even arranging the camp) other than rest, is that correct? And she is subject to wounds from no shelter and food too. So she's practically a burden to the players if that's the case.

Thanks for your time and appreciate very much for the quick reply.

Jin

1. You tke the explore action on the raft card to rescue Jenny, so you use the green dice. Allocating one pawn equals rolling dice, two pawns equals automatic success.

2. Yup, she gonna die out there if you don't get her.

3. Yup, not able to do actions, other than rest (and therefore benefiting from the result of rest). Yup, she gonna eat your food and she gonna die if you don't have shelter, feed her and/or fend off animals etc.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
And yes, out on the rock she only suffers 2 wounds, whereas in camp she could suffer a potential 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it. This game is indeed unforgiving...but we love it. Lol....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Ross
Canada
Madoc
Ontario
flag msg tools
Bring Back Hambone
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

1) Build a raft as quickly as possible. Once it is built you need to succeed at the Raft Explore action to rescue Jenny. (The faster the better!)

2) See the 'other special rules of the scenario': "Till the moment of rescue Jenny gets 2 Wounds every night phase. After she is rescued she will no longer get these 2 wounds, but is now subject to 'player' effects like food and requiring shelter.

[Incorrect Info]
3) Jenny has 1 pawn that can be used to 'rest' by herself, or use as a 2nd pawn in any other action (not as a primary pawn, so she can't be used with Friday either, as Friday's special rules prevents him from being a primary pawn when used with a 'player' pawn, and Jenny is a 'player' pawn').

She can be useful, if she hasn't taken too much damage, which is not often the case with the tight time frame to win this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
halfevil wrote:

1) Build a raft as quickly as possible. Once it is built you need to succeed at the Raft Explore action to rescue Jenny. (The faster the better!)

2) See the 'other special rules of the scenario': "Till the moment of rescue Jenny gets 2 Wounds every night phase. After she is rescued she will no longer get these 2 wounds, but is now subject to 'player' effects like food and requiring shelter.

3) Jenny has 1 pawn that can be used to 'rest' by herself, or use as a 2nd pawn in any other action (not as a primary pawn, so she can't be used with Friday either, as Friday's special rules prevents him from being a primary pawn when used with a 'player' pawn, and Jenny is a 'player' pawn').

She can be useful, if she hasn't taken too much damage, which is not often the case with the tight time frame to win this scenario.

Sorry, but this is just not correct.
Jenny can ONLY rest, nothing else. (actually very clearly written in the special rules)

And once in camp, if you don´t have sufficient shelter and/or food, she might get 3 wounds or more because of circumstances.
So better rescue her as late as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Ross
Canada
Madoc
Ontario
flag msg tools
Bring Back Hambone
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thing I have never beaten the scenario or I would have had to redo it.

You are correct, just reread it. She can only take a Rest Action.

Thanks Marion. Sorry for the bad info in my last post. But I will leave it up for others to benefit from
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.