Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When French units move from Isabelle (or Laos for that matter) during Operational Movement, how may they use the boxes if no VM units are present? May they move through them even though they are trenched because there is no VM ZoC, or does the trenching alone stop them from moving?

If they can move, can only enter in a French Entry Hex near HQ, or can they enter in any edge hex in French LoC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
French cannot make a Valley move into/through a Box that has become a Trench Zone. See 5.2-A

French Box move options are described in 5.2-B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, read those, but I did't want to get it wrong. I've left VM units in 2z-304 to "block" the French from coming up behind the advancing 316. As I understand it now, the French at Isabelle may not do so,p however they may move from Isabelle map area to French LoC (at or around the "French Entry" Hex) provided they are not blocked by VM ZoC from units being in, and surrounding, the Isabelle map area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He takes on managing Legion's soon to be released lineup, and is STILL first to help on BGG posts? Kim Kanger, You're getting my pre order dollars. End of discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, if I understand your enquiry right, then this is the way the French can move between Isabelle and DBP in case 2z-304 has become a Trench zone. French units do a Box move from 3z-304 to 2z-304, or from any map edge at DBP to 2z-304 (see 5.2-B). If there there is any VM units there, then there has to be a Box combat (see 5.2-C). Then, if the Frenchies has managed to enter 2z-304, they have to stay there until the French "After-Combat" move segment, when they leave the box (7.2-1), either to 3z-304 (Isabelle) or to DBP as close as possible to the French entry hex.

I hope I answer the right question.

By the way, there is version 2.0 with recommended rules adjustments to improve fun and balance:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@@.1dd51d86!enclosure=.1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You're getting my pre order dollars

My wife says Thank You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am equally impressed. I greatly appreciate your activity here, and elsewhere.

DBP's design has intrigued me in a way no other game has in some time. Thanks for taking time to clarity the rules.

BTW, Tonkin is next!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kanger wrote:

By the way, there is version 2.0 with recommended rules adjustments to improve fun and balance:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@@.1dd51d86!enclosure=.1...

Hahaha! So glad you posted this. I have been keeping a series of notes in my play throughs, tests and aborts and the rules changes speak to them nicely. In the Designer's notes, you wrote:

"After many additional play sessions, many felt that the campaign game was too difficult for VM to win. Now, by adding adjusting some rules, the play balance has improved a lot. These are not tweaks taken out of the blue, but rather adjustments that will make the game battle more correct and therefore more historical. They address certain strange game effects and will lead players to act as the real commanders were forced to act, or found it wise to act."

I couldn't have put it better. I still have a few notes I may bundle up and put in the alternative rules thread here, or in a PM, however I'm going to give the 2.0 rules a use as is and see what shakes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.