Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which expansion is the best? Tell me more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On The Brink is the most essential. You will pretty much use the new roles and events every time you play. Also, the Petri dishes are nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like In the Lab best, due to the extra theme-y goodness.

However you NEED On the Brink to make it work properly due to the petri dishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cesspit wrote:

However you NEED On the Brink to make it work properly due to the petri dishes.

Actually you don't need the petri dishes for ITL. But I would advise OTB first, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have OTB so I can only comment about that but you really should get it.

1) You get more roles. This lets you have up to 5 players and can let you have more variation in how you work to treat the diseases and find cures.
2) You get a 7th Epidemic. Just in case having an Epidemic turn up every 4-5 cards isn't enough
3) An extra disease (purple) with only 12 cubes available instead of 24. You must keep an eye on this little mongrel!
4) New Events. These are shuffled with the original Events and added, 2 per player, to the Player deck. You don't know which Events are available. No more relying on One Quiet Night to help you out!
5) Virulent Strain Challenge. Haven't played this one yet but it makes one disease tougher.
6) A bioterrorist. Haven't played this either, as most of my games are 2 player. This allows 1 player to make the other's game harder by deliberately spreading a 5th disease. Gives the game an adversarial challenge.
7) Petri dishes. Just cool and gives excellent storage for the disease cubes. My daughter was impressed with them and the labels (she's studying medical science at Uni and microbiology in particular.)

There's 7 reasons to get OTB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I love In The Lab the most, you really should get them in order of release. On The Brink adds so much to the base game and the other expansions build off of it. In The Lab has the lab challenge which is probably my favorite, and most thematic way to play. State Of Emergency is good, and the new roles are nice, but it doesn't have the punch of the other two.

Personally, I have all of them and love them all (excepting the Bioterrorist and Team games), but you are best served getting OTB, then ITL, and optionally SOE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Conti
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On The Brink and In The Lab are required for me as I like to play the official solo variant of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered On The Brink
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.