Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just curious about the inclusion of this "mini-game" in this final scenario. It really do feel like "mini-game" you would find in a video games that you play to earn bonus stuffs. I am not sure if this was the intention. I find myself constantly running out of action trying to save the research and never have any pawn to spare to go scavenger hunt on the beach. I figure this probably include for game with more players or if you didn't get that many Unique Collection, still the inclusion of this portion seems rather odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a question in there?

I thought it was a cute thing to include, and in a 2-player, I managed to use it twice or three times, I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Is there a question in there?

I thought it was a cute thing to include, and in a 2-player, I managed to use it twice or three times, I think...

Not a question just wondering about the reason to include this little mini-game. May be next run through I might find it to be a useful action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not something you would waste your time upon. Just something to do when you have nothing else to take care of. AND it provides quite a few nice extra points, of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure that probably was the reason but in my game I never seem to have enough pawn to build or collect basic necessity let along go take a stroll on the beach. laugh (Also doesn't help that Charles had diarrhea instead of out working and he was out for a turn). My characters went hungry couple of turn trying to save the Collection and I think in the final turn both the Missionary and Explorer were down to just one health.

So yeah, that was the only question really. Anyway, I just want to personally thank you (and also other here) for taking time to answer the rule questions and help new players. I have read many of your posts during the last week as we tackle this game. It's really a wonderful game and I can see myself playing this solo for a long time. (It's a nice break from Akham Horror).

Thank you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.