Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we were playing this mission tonight and a question came up at the end regarding the two barricades at the exit door.

If the heroes remove one of the barricades are they able to move through to the exit or do they need to remove both of the barricades to escape?

I see that they are individual blocking terrain but can heroes move through a door that is partially blocked?

Thanks for your help with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd assume once one of the barricades which are treated as blocking terrain is destroyed that the space it was in is open and thus can be moved through as any other open space.

So you only need to remove ONE of them to open an lane to move through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks. That's how we ended up playing it, so it all works out... except for me as the imp player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one note here... If the heroes only destroy the barricade on the right, then they must cross over the point where the barricade was to get to the exit, even if the door is already open. The spaces above and to the left of the remaining barricade are not considered adjacent, and heroes cannot move between those spaces while the barricade is there. That gap is blocked due to the rule about diagonally intersecting walls and blocking terrain.

You also can't open the door from the space left of the barricades as it is not adjacent to the door, only the barricade spaces are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They did destroy the left barricade, so their win seems legitimate... unfortunately... The dark side will triumph in the end!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Question regarding this mission. How does the last rebel get through if the door keeps shutting at the end of the round? He would need a movement of 6 to open the door and still make it through. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
Question regarding this mission. How does the last rebel get through if the door keeps shutting at the end of the round? He would need a movement of 6 to open the door and still make it through. What am I missing?

You're missing that there's another rule which states the door is unlocked. Any figure can interact with it in order to open it. This particular door can also be opened at the terminal, but that doesn't stop you opening it by interacting.

Although now that I look again, that door is never unlocked specifically... I need to think about this some more...

OK, RaW, a healthy hero can make it through as they can use their four Speed, and get two movement points by suffering strain, I guess. Jyn can make it through when Wounded and the characters with abilities that grant more movement points can do it. It is a weird situation, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

You're missing that there's another rule which states the door is unlocked. Any figure can interact with it in order to open it. This particular door can also be opened at the terminal, but that doesn't stop you opening it by interacting.

Although now that I look again, that door is never unlocked specifically... I need to think about this some more...

OK, RaW, a healthy hero can make it through as they can use their four Speed, and get two movement points by suffering strain, I guess. Jyn can make it through when Wounded and the characters with abilities that grant more movement points can do it. It is a weird situation, though...
That seems incredibly difficult. I'll give it a shot that way, but I don't like it and I'm the imperial. I want to give my rebels at least a glimmer of hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I agree this does seem like a very hard mission for the Rebels, although I haven't played it on either side to be sure.

However, the counter point is that the reward the Imperials get "Old Wounds", doesn't seem all that great. "While a wounded hero is attacking, apply -1[Damage] to the attack results". Early on in the campaign this will be better for the Imperials. But later on, with all the upgrades the Rebels get... I think it's an appropriate reward for what seems like an easy Imperial victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got confirmation from FFG that the mission rule in question is not in error.

So yeah, it's just hard (in four hero mode). You need to be Healthy and suffer your strain, or use abilities like Command or Force Throw to get the terminal figure past the door fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactical Movement as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this tonight and it isn't as hard as it may seem. Quite hard for the Imperials to stop them once they are in position. The damage has to be done in holding them up earlier in the mission.

Wounding a hero for the second time in a mission makes it a harder task for the Allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.