Subject: Something to Talk About... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for a game to arrive on your door step sucks. Talking about said game seems to alleviate some of the impatience. So, a few questions for the community. Feel free to add more questions and keep the conversation going as we wait!

Are you more excited to play as the agent or as a hunter?

Which agent seems most interesting for you to play?

Which hunter seems more interesting for you to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rothe
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really can't pick out which side I am more excited about. I love deduction, but I really love stealth. I think I'd have to say I am more excited to play the "mouse" in this situation. However, I have a feeling my wife may claim that role and I'll spend more plays as hunter.

As for hunters and agents, don't really have a preference yet, except I don't get very excited over the puppet. Who knows though, he may be very useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was maybe the most excited about The Puppet. I love the idea of controlling the car for the other Hunters to taxi them around while not even in it.

Although I agree I would probably get more excitement from the "mouse"/agent role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohmoplata wrote:
Waiting for a game to arrive on your door step sucks. Talking about said game seems to alleviate some of the impatience. So...

So... I was so impatient waiting that I found myself ALREADY modifying a game I don't even have yet! Ha!
In Tom Vasel's review of Specter Ops about his only dig on this game was the cardboard token of a steering wheel for a car with all the other cool minis included. I kind of agreed so I came up with this idea with an old Game Of Life convertible car to pass the time waiting:

Look was inspired by what I knew from existing game art I've seen as in...

I didn't post this previously because I thought I was a little weird if I posted it before the game came out, but now that I know I'm not the only one getting overly anxious... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Randy - Oh no you deh-ent!

*stamps feet* I demand the opportunity to buy one of those from you to have for my very own!

*stomps out of room*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll enjoy hiding more than seeking.

I don't know much about the agents, but I enjoyed the preview on "The Gun".

As for the Hunters, I definitely like freaky bald guy. The Prophet is going to be one of those cerebral turds that always irritate the snot out of a superior strength/agility/speed opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am much more excited to play as the Agent than as a Hunter. I like the idea of sneaking around, double backing, and trying to juke my opponent. The Cobra and the Blue Jay seem the most intriguing.

In regards to the Hunters, all the Hunters seem fun other than the Puppet. The idea of running support for my teammates while they do all the heavy lifting doesn't really excite me.

Can't really say until I play the game though....hopefully soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you play 2 hunters though for the same player (like in a 2 player game) you could help yourself to getting further by using Puppet to assist Beast or The Gun to get ahead while not abandoning your post too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to being an Agent more, but only SLIGHTLY.

But as a Hunter, I think The Puppet will be very useful in 4-player games -- I might even choose it. Most of my plays will be with 3 players, so I think in that case I'd have to choose the Beast or the Gun.

...Although the Prophet is cool too...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Can this arrive already, please!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
if you play 2 hunters though for the same player (like in a 2 player game) you could help yourself to getting further by using Puppet to assist Beast or The Gun to get ahead while not abandoning your post too.

Ya in a two player game I thought I might use him. I still think the other Hunters are overall more useful. We shall see though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the look of the game. The board, the miniatures, the cards. Yeah, I want this game to get here soon since I ordered it for my birthday 2 weeks from now. So, if it doesn't come in time, I can blame Plaid Hat for a terrible birthday. That seems fair, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
I love the look of the game. The board, the miniatures, the cards. Yeah, I want this game to get here soon since I ordered it for my birthday 2 weeks from now. So, if it doesn't come in time, I can blame Plaid Hat for a terrible birthday. That seems fair, right?

You and me both as my birthday is April 7th!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm rooting for you guys! Hopefully it gets here in time for your birthday bashes. I'm just hoping it gets here before Table Top Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thomson
msg tools
I'm excited, but I'm trying not to go over all the rules/equipment before launch. I watched a few videos and have the gist of it, but anything I didn't commit to memory I want to stay nebulous until I have all the delicious parts in my hands. I'm tempted to try to make my own car figure from something though, that was an awesome idea.

After I get the game, however, I full intend to make the Metal Gear Solid comparison more concrete and homebrew new agents/hunters straight from that series. A lot of my friends are big fans of the series, and I think it'd be pretty fun to reskin the game and swap around a few rules here and there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.