Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: gmt [+] [View All]
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone posted that GMT has it's winter 2006 flyer on their web site?

http://www.gmtgames.com/GMTWinter06Flyer.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games of my choice for 50% off... How can I resist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
The one I am excited to see that is in the works is the one on King's Mountain that will be in The American Revolution series "Southern Quad". Where I live in upper East Tennessee the Overmoutain Men is our big historical claim to fame of the men going to fight at King's Mountain. Thomas Jefferson said 20 years after the war that he thought King's Mountain was the turning point of the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgringo wrote:
Two games of my choice for 50% off... How can I resist?

\o/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough decisions indeed (-:
I've put a question regarding mine here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/134134
Any help appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallen McInerney
Australia
Kingscliff
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrmmm does anyone have any more info on the counter trays GMT is giving away for p500 peeps? Any pics anywhere?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT counter trays are $1.35 from thoughthammer. They're decent...small enough to fit in a box and can stack them.

I'm not interested in this game after reading the PDF
Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan

Also it appears the Twilight Struggle 2nd deck of cards (backup) for $10.00 will be available Nov 06 and not in Nov 07 as it was posted awhile back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Murphy
United States
California
flag msg tools
Do they not send these in the mail anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of the oddball games just added to their p500 really caught my eye - 1805 Sea of Glory and also PQ17 both sound like cool naval sims!

If I did the preorder thing I'd give my vote there... they both sound like fun times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome deal, although I hadn't planned on ordering any GMT games. It's hard to pass up 50% off. Any recommendations from these four CDGs?

Paths of Glory - $55 ($28)
Here I Stand - $79 ($40)
For the People II - $55 ($28)
WW2: Barbarossa to Berlin - $55 ($28)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Immediately pre-ordered Successors. Other things are tempting, but so far my will to preserve my wallet is holding out....

Though I haven't really looked over the specials yet.... (No! Don't look! I'll be sorry...!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff wrote:
Awesome deal, although I hadn't planned on ordering any GMT games. It's hard to pass up 50% off. Any recommendations from these four CDGs?

Paths of Glory - $55 ($28)
Here I Stand - $79 ($40)
For the People II - $55 ($28)
WW2: Barbarossa to Berlin - $55 ($28)

Paths of Glory is a tremendous game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do send them snail mail as well as email and posting on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, how long is the 50 percent off lasting? I gotta grab some GAMES!!!!.......when I get some cash

EDIT: Apparently I read something wrong somewhere, or I can't get the deals on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like CDGs, you have to own PoG.

Also, too bad, I have 2 preorders but Conquest of Paradise won't ship this year. cry No 50% off for me--and I really want twilight struggle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antarctica
msg tools
badge
Having ordered Twilight Struggle (reprint) and C&C:A Expansion 1 via P500 I believe that I qualify for the GMT Winter 06 P500 Specials. A few weeks ago I sent GMT an email with my order two games at 50% off marked price. I've heard nothing back. I'm reluctant to send another mail to GMT because they seem not to be reading/answering emails. I'm hoping folk round here, with more GMT experience than myself, can help me out.

Should I be concerned? Will GMT respond to emails? Should I resubmit my order using the Order Page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past I had emails unanswered, but once or twice I got an answer...

It seems that these days they are particularly busy, I got the CCA exp#1 without the dice and e-mailed them last week, nothing yet. BTW, no one got the bonus P500 scenarios, and it seems they forgot to put them in the boxes because of the huge volume of games they are packing and sending out.

I'll wait one week more and then send another e-mail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HALF PRICE?!

Do I go for Europe Engulfed?!

Or Paths of Glory?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

edit: Who am I kidding. Save $50 off EE? Sounds good to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody figure out hot to get the 50% off deal? I P500'd Combat Commander and the C&C:A Expansion so I should be eligible for 50% off of Paths of Glory and Berlin to Barbarossa (or Twilight Struggle, still can't decide).

Is there a special code I need to input?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
crusader4x wrote:

If you order online - just indicate you are using Winter Flyer Special Offer #4 (think that is what it is called). GMT will adjust your order when they come to charge as the online systems won't indicate the discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
crusader4x wrote:
Anybody figure out hot to get the 50% off deal? I P500'd Combat Commander and the C&C:A Expansion so I should be eligible for 50% off of Paths of Glory and Berlin to Barbarossa (or Twilight Struggle, still can't decide).

I phoned them direct and ordered them. It seemed to be the quickest way of doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
crusader4x wrote:

If you order online - just indicate you are using Winter Flyer Special Offer #4 (think that is what it is called). GMT will adjust your order when they come to charge as the online systems won't indicate the discount.

Well, I just placed my order for Paths of Glory and Twilight Struggle. I really debated between Twilight Struggle and WW2: Berlin to Barbarossa. I settled on TS because WW2: BtB is "similar" to PoG and thought I should try two different types of games.

Anyway, I left a message for them to give me the P500 Customer Appreciation discount. Hopefully they will! I'll keep an eye on my credit card statement and if I'm overcharged, I'll have to give GMT a quick call. GMT has been a reputable company so I don't anticipate any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.