Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I see that the Korean " 삼국지: 비밀결사 " version is listed here. I have played it only once, and the original Sultans, zero times. But looking at the images here, I can certainly say that the Korea version has at the very least, different art (theme): it's set in an oriental court, not Middle Eastern. Not sure if any roles were significantly changed/renamed, however.

Pics: Korean box. Some Korean cards see images hee.

So at the very least, the Korean edition has an entirely different graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Weldon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:
So I see that the Korean " 삼국지: 비밀결사 " version is listed here. I have played it only once, and the original Sultans, zero times. But looking at the images here, I can certainly say that the Korea version has at the very least, different art (theme): it's set in an oriental court, not Middle Eastern. Not sure if any roles were significantly changed/renamed, however.

Pics: Korean box. Some Korean cards see images hee.

So at the very least, the Korean edition has an entirely different graphics.

Mechanically, they're the same game. The roles all function the same way, although "Slaves" are now "Peasants," etc. It was just rethemed for that market as "Romance of Three Kingdoms: Secret Societies," because RoTK is very popular over there.

Actually, I originally designed the game with a more standard feudal European theme, but my publisher thought a pseudo-Arabian theme would attract more attention.

Meanwhile, there is another version coming out in another region at some point that will have another theme entirely - a more modern one. I'm not sure I'm supposed to disclose any details, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xopods wrote:

Meanwhile, there is another version coming out in another region at some point that will have another theme entirely - a more modern one. I'm not sure I'm supposed to disclose any details, however.

"Mafioso" (Baltic edition from "Brain games") is already published
http://www.brain-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Mafios...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.