Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can I perform the Special Elder Action offered by Cunning 2 a second time if my first attempt was succesful? i.e. Would this allow me to look at the third and fourth cards in the draw deck?

The card text says "Look at the next two cards in the deck".

I'm guessing the answer is "no" but...

2. Cunning 3 says that each elder may conduct two Special Elder actions during planning (emphasis mine). As far as I can see, the only Special Elder action is that offered by Cunning 2. Or can I perform any of the regular Elder Actins twice as well? Is the word "Special" on Cunning 3 a misprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, you can perform Cunning 2's action as many times as you'd like. Unfortunately, it doesn't stack very well, since you'll just continue to look at the top two cards over and over again.

2. I'd never noticed this. I've always just played it as if the word "Special" weren't there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
ReggieMcFly wrote:

2. Cunning 3 says that each elder may conduct two Special Elder actions during planning (emphasis mine). As far as I can see, the only Special Elder action is that offered by Cunning 2. Or can I perform any of the regular Elder Actins twice as well? Is the word "Special" on Cunning 3 a misprint?

3.1 STEP 3 says: "... may be used to attempt one special Free, Elder Action:" Maybe the "special" is a remnant from a different version of the rules or something. Same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore "Special." The intent is each elder gets to do 2 Elder Actions instead of 1.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. And forgive me for asking but is it one roll per elder (success = two actions) or is it two rolls (one action per success)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
two rolls; 1 action per success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks, Joel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.