Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike iapezzuto
United States
bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I bid 2 meeples on a tile and someone puts 3 meeples on it and I'M outbid Can I put the 2 meeples on that same tile to get that action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but they are only one action. It will be giving the winner 2 meeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike iapezzuto
United States
bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That depends. If you are outbid by the three meeples and the tile isn't used by two or more meeples you can. I guess you could read your question in two ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a followup question..

Can I use my outbid meeples to start a new bid on another tile, or only to add to a previously existing bid?

Rule in question: Page 4
5. If workers are outbid, they can be moved elsewhere (including to other bids...)

So a literal reading would be only to already existing bids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia Lechner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:

Can I use my outbid meeples to start a new bid on another tile, or only to add to a previously existing bid?

5. If workers are outbid, they can be moved elsewhere (including to other bids...)

Yes, you may start a new bid with them. You may do absolutely anything with them that you could normally do with workers, as long as you use them all for the same action.

The parenthetical in the rules text you quote was just intended to make this clear. When a rulebook says "you may do X (including Y)", this means the same as "you may do X. And yes, in case you were wondering, Y counts as X".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JemL wrote:
SD40 wrote:

Yes, you may start a new bid with them. You may do absolutely anything with them that you could normally do with workers, as long as you use them all for the same action.

The parenthetical in the rules text you quote was just intended to make this clear. When a rulebook says "you may do X (including Y)", this means the same as "you may do X. And yes, in case you were wondering, Y counts as X".
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.