Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct that a fight can last through multiple game turns?

So when in a fight both you and the monsters activate (in order of initiative) for a turn. If all the monsters are not killed in that turn you then start a new game turn and "Hold Back the Darkness". If the Hold Back the Darkness roll is failed and a new Darkness card is drawn that results in an affect that adds additional enemies (like an ambush), these are added during the existing fight.

This repeats until all the enemies are killed and the fight ends.

And there is no exploration turn phase as long as there are monsters on the board

Is my understanding correct? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is, as you add Darkness cards if you fail the HBTD roll at the beginning of each fight turn and if you reach a Darkness position on the track. The Darkness could even escape the mine...You might also have to add Growind Dread cards to the stack.

My question would be : do you reveal new Growing Dread cards if you are in the last Epic fight of a mission as you already revealed the cards in the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
mbmbmbmbmb
moavoamoatu wrote:
I think it is, as you add Darkness cards if you fail the HBTD roll at the beginning of each fight turn and if you reach a Darkness position on the track. The Darkness could even escape the mine...You might also have to add Growind Dread cards to the stack.

My question would be : do you reveal new Growing Dread cards if you are in the last Epic fight of a mission as you already revealed the cards in the stack.

Yes! So avoid gaining new ones if at all possible. Though before you reveal one, if every hero pays a grit, it can be canceled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:

So when in a fight both you and the monsters activate (in order of initiative) for a turn. If all the monsters are not killed in that turn you then start a new game turn and "Hold Back the Darkness". If the Hold Back the Darkness roll is failed and a new Darkness card is drawn that results in an affect that adds additional enemies (like and ambush), these are added during the existing fight.

And there is no exploration turn phase as long as there are monsters on the board

Looks good.

moavoamoatu wrote:

Yes, you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:

So when in a fight both you and the monsters activate (in order of initiative) for a turn. If all the monsters are not killed in that turn you then start a new game turn and "Hold Back the Darkness". If the Hold Back the Darkness roll is failed and a new Darkness card is drawn that results in an affect that adds additional enemies (like an ambush), these are added during the existing fight.

Yep correct 100%.

I notice this comments been edited, hence the other replies may now seem strange.

Keep in mind if any new cards add additional enemies, it increases the loot cards each player gets at the conclusion of the fight(Max 3 each).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
angler wrote:

So when in a fight both you and the monsters activate (in order of initiative) for a turn. If all the monsters are not killed in that turn you then start a new game turn and "Hold Back the Darkness". If the Hold Back the Darkness roll is failed and a new Darkness card is drawn that results in an affect that adds additional enemies (like and ambush), these are added during the existing fight.

Looks good.

moavoamoatu wrote:

Yes, you do.

Sadly lost a game just the other night because of this. Between Darkness and Growing Dread cards, the darkness advanced 5 spots in the one round, hence escaping (and us failing) as we reached the final battle.

Note: One player had no GRIT left so we couldn't cancel the last vital GD card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
angler wrote:

Yep correct 100%.

I notice this comments been edited, hence the other replies may now seem strange.

Keep in mind if any new cards add additional enemies, it increases the loot cards each player gets at the conclusion of the fight(Max 3 each).

Only edited to correct a misspelled word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.