Hide
4 Posts

Stratego Waterloo» Forums » Rules

Subject: the Prussians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Hanna
msg tools
What if Von Bulow, the commander of the Prussians, is killed during the game? Can the Prussians still continue playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason St.Just
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good one!

Indeed, whether the commander of the Prussians, Von Bulow, is killed or not,the Prussians will always continue arriving on the field of battle AND they will perform at least 1 action as long as Wellington and/or Uxbridge are still unharmed.
This is one of the reasons why, during the design of the game, I did not want to add Feldmarshal Blucher as a piece. What if Blucher would be killed?
So he is not physically in the game as a piece (he is leading the men on from Chapelle St.Lambert) in order to make sure the Prussian pieces will continue arriving to assist Wellington.

By losing Von Bulow, you will lose one of the strongest Prussian pieces and I believe this is the worst consequence for the Allied player.

Kind regards,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Davout
msg tools
So when Bulow is lost the Prussians keep their one action.

1) Does this mean that the British can still execute their three actions or do they loose one? I would expect them to keep their 3 actions as long as they keep their 2 commanders.

2) Can the British still delegate actions to the Prussians?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take would be that the British keep three action points provided they have Wellington and Uxbridge but would need to allocate one to the Prussians as soon as Bulow is lost while allocating two for the British.

This needs clarification from the game designer, though.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.