mbmbmb
Deck Review
Identity:
Valencia Estevez

Total Cards: (50)

Event:
2x Deja Vu (Core)
1x Frame Job (Opening Moves)
3x Itinerant Protesters (Order and Chaos)
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Sure Gamble (Core)
1x Special Order (Core)

Hardware:
2x Vigil (Order and Chaos)
3x E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount)
2x The Personal Touch (Core)

Program:
2x Corroder (Core)
3x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Djinn (Core)
1x Medium (Core)
2x Mimic (Core)
2x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
2x Yog.0 (Core)
1x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Resource:
3x Investigative Journalism (Order and Chaos)
2x Tallie Perrault (Fear and Loathing)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Raymond Flint (Mala Tempora)

Deck Strategy:

Early game goal is get a couple counters on nerve agent. Harass central servers and try to get control of either R&D or HQ. Never run on servers protected by ice unless you think it is an agenda. Use a Blackmail to grab it. Strangle had size with Iterate Protesters. Also with nerve agent counter, and raymond flint every time you give the corp a bad pub you get a multi-access from HQ. So HQ isn't safe from multi-access, remotes aren't safe from blackmail. If you can get some multi-access on R&D it is gg. I was considering a sneak door beta for this deck but the inf is too much. Breakers use david and e3 for any ice 5 str and higher. Use the personal touches to up yog and mimic to 4 str. Any improvements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had similar ideas re: Raymond Flint - keep in mind that Nerve is vulnerable to Purge; consider swapping influence for HQ Interface (also great for a Blackmail run at HQ if you can't get the flint combo off).

Not 100% sure you want Tallie as she tags you and you have some high-value resources - consider switching to one or the other. Also not sure enough Corps are playing non-lethal Gray/Black ops these days (although surviving Scorch or Punitive via I've Had Worse with Tallie out is kinda cool, and gives some emergency draw before they land the follow-up - might toy with that myself).

Perhaps instead of Personal Touches, spend that influence on HQI. The Str 4 Sentries and Code Gates can mostly be dealt with by the addition of Datasucker, and maybe a Knight or two (for problem ICE like Lotus Field). E3 also helps keep your Knights cheap on multi-sub ICE (which is of course supported by the BadPub, keeping your runs cheap overall).

That's my thoughts at least, but I'd test your version first and see what works and what doesn't before going with my equally-untested suggestions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
If you intend to keep Tallie and all this resources, it could be a good idea to put some New Angeles City Hall in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Walter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My biggest fear in this deck is getting the breaker suite up and running in a timely manner. I don't have the influence for enough tutors so I had to put extra copies of my breakers in. If you get your rig built this should be able to get anywhere cheap but it might be slow.

Kati Jones is the only Resource that I would fear being trashed from a tag, and hopefully with 3 she can be replaced. I think with my local meta Tallie will be a bane, and very surprising to some players. Most of the other resources trash on their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Spiekerman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the E3's are in there to help the D4's, then you deal with 4-strength codegates/sentries with Personal Touch Yog.0/Mimic?

Seems pretty tough to get out both your Yog.0/Mimic AND a Personal Touch, being as you have only 2 PT's in a 50 card deck. I would really try to slot some Datasuckers in there. There are a bunch of 4-str things that could hurt while you are desperately searching (Ichi 1.0, Merlin, Data Raven, Chum, RSVP, Hunter, Viper, Merlin, others).

Also, I might consider going with -1 E3, +1 Special Order.

I like the idea of Tallie when you have a lot of Bad Pub to work with. Along with I've Had Worse, it could give you good damage protection versus Traffic Accident -> Scorch or Neural EMP -> Ronin. I'd be interested to hear how well that works for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls