Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Major issues putting in the AT ST gun. VERY FRUSTRATED. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CapeCod Gamer
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I picked the game up, i tried to put the center gun in the AT ST and I pushed so hard to get it in place the barrals of the gun warped. FFG sent me a new part but I am still having major issues putting it in place. I have not warped anything.

I just want to put it in right. I am not a model person. FFG should have made it easier to put together. You'd figure you spend 100 bucks on a new top of the line game, FFG would have made sure the main mini from it would'nt have any issues. Pluse I get to do it again when my General Wiess pack comes in next week.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
File the nubs a little or dip the head of the AT-ST into hot water.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
2. Hold the "head" of the AT-ST in the boiling water for 15 to 30 secnds
3. Try and insert the gun
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary

Do not try and cool the model after you get the gun seated. The model can crack.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CapeCod Gamer
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try it but I shoud'nt have to boil water to put a piece of a game I spend 100 bucks on together. FFG really needed to re design how its put together. This is BS.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KenM wrote:
I'll try it but I shoud'nt have to boil water to put a piece of a game I spend 100 bucks on together. FFG really needed to re design how its put together. This is BS.


I would far rather have it this way than to have an "easy to insert" gun that falls out every five minutes. Running the model under very hot water for about a minute made my gun go in just fine and it's looked great ever since.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest way to do it: Put AT-ST on the edge of a table, with the gun on the table right where the slot is, and then just push down. It'll pop right in.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hair dryer took me a matter of seconds for both AT-ST and Weiss
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Easiest way to do it: Put AT-ST on the edge of a table, with the gun on the table right where the slot is, and then just push down. It'll pop right in.


thumbsup Seconded.

Though if I had thought of it, I would have just ran it under hot water. That sounds safer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CapeCod Gamer
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the boiling water and it worked thanks.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KenM wrote:
I did the boiling water and it worked thanks.


Great!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michaelzab
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General Weiss is just as hard to assemble unfortunately...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelzab wrote:
General Weiss is just as hard to assemble unfortunately...


Just as "hard"... or just as "easy"


(That's some glass-half-whatever philosophizing there)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Morris
United States
Wallingford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine in with a bit of WD-40.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same problem. I just loosened up the plastic a little and forced it in. I wouldn't have done that if the joint was weaker, but it was pretty sturdy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried tonight. Yep that is one tricky part. It's pretty cool that it moves once in place, but now I'm trying to remove it to paint.

EDIT.. Not sure how easy this is going to be to get back in after paint. Heat malleability won't/can't help then as it'll stuff the paint.

I'm assuming others paint once installed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
Just tried tonight. Yep that is one tricky part. It's pretty cool that it moves once in place, but now I'm trying to remove it to paint.

EDIT.. Not sure how easy this is going to be to get back in after paint. Heat malleability won't/can't help then as it'll stuff the paint.

I'm assuming others paint once installed?


Paint it once it is installed. You'll be able to reach all the visible parts easily enough.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KenM wrote:
I'll try it but I shoud'nt have to boil water to put a piece of a game I spend 100 bucks on together. FFG really needed to re design how its put together. This is BS.


If it were easier to install, the fit might not be tight enough to keep the gun from just flopping down to its lowest point. This is worth the trouble and hardly a challenge compared to most other miniatures names.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trimmed the "nubs" with a craft knife and eased the bad boy in. I was worried about too much pressure so took it slow and steady.

didn't even think about heating it, doh.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emre Gökçe Cimen
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hair dryer. No damage, just the little flexibility you need. Tried, works 100%.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, used a wood coaster and it popped right in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
Bearhug78 wrote:
Just tried tonight. Yep that is one tricky part. It's pretty cool that it moves once in place, but now I'm trying to remove it to paint.

EDIT.. Not sure how easy this is going to be to get back in after paint. Heat malleability won't/can't help then as it'll stuff the paint.

I'm assuming others paint once installed?


Paint it once it is installed. You'll be able to reach all the visible parts easily enough.


I'm going to have to. I don't think I'll be able to get it back out now in any event (not without damaging it).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
michaelzab wrote:
General Weiss is just as hard to assemble unfortunately...


Just as "hard"... or just as "easy"


(That's some glass-half-whatever philosophizing there)


I found it way harder. the first AT-ST I did with no issue, but this cannon in general Weiss is giving me grief.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I recently got the General Weiss pack and had the same issue with the front gun. The left side nub (with the AT-ST facing me) is rather large and the right sub nub is barely there.

I just dunked it in hot water and got the gun in place but it doesn't stay in place. Instead of facing forward it just falls limply to about 30 degrees and can't move much more than that.

Any suggestions to get my guns up and at 'em?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Way over reaction by the OP. There was a very simple solution that takes 10 seconds
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DareMachina wrote:
Instead of facing forward it just falls limply to about 30 degrees and can't move much more than that.

Any suggestions to get my guns up and at 'em?

Viagra
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.