martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i have been keen on this for a while but not sure id like a lighter game like this. However i thought it would be cool as an old Rpg player to play this game with my son and expose him for the great dnd world through this game.
So i bought the starter deck for us to begin with.
I saw that there isa Booster box available in our local store, is that something i should consider to buy to enjoy this game to its fullest? Or do i only buy a booster pack or a couple for us?
What suggestions do you guys have?
/Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter set has all you need to "enjoy" the game. I would play it a few times with your son and see if you both like the mechanics of it. If you do, each individual booster costs $1 (approx.) and contains 2 cards and 2 dice. These cards are alternate versions of the creatures and adventurers you already have (and some ones you don't) with different abilities and such. They are not necessary for the enjoyment of the game, they just give you more variety and therefore more replay-ability in the long run. So try it, if ya like it pick a few up if ya like what they bring pick some more up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A booster box is going to contain 180 dice worth of stuff and what people have said is that you will get one to just shy of two common sets of dice, almost and entire set of uncommons and around 18-26 rares or super rares give or take. I got this information from the gravity feed poll post on this forum.

Given you don't need duplicates of cards this will give you the majority of cards in this play set with almost max dice to field a given dice type (again that will vary. There is huge replayibility here because of all that.

BUT

If you haven't tried it out with your son yet you may be better grabbing a handful of boosters just now and mucking around with the starter and them to see if you like it. If you do I certainly recommend one full booster box is fantastic value in terms of nearly completing the set .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Garza
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
How long til Gen Con?
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say from a rpg standpoint this is a great start to D&D. All the different elements of the game and the fun of rolling dice too.

But it really feels like it was inspired from D&D, not just the obvious of the spells as basic actions or the different characters. But the mechanics feel right in how the Dice Masters impliments them. Not just the names and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you guys I will play it a few times just to get a feel for the game before i buy the box i reckon.Although i have seen them run out quite quickly. Seems like the game is very popular here at the moment and people buy them as soon as they are on the shelves here in the local store.
So i got to decide quite fast if i want one before they run out hehe
Seems like a very fun game, just printed the little playmat from here as well.
/Martin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.