United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it would seem that this could possibly be streched out to include five players. I enjoy this one, but if we have five, it will not make the playing table.

Anyone try this? Yay or Nay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from a set of houses (obviously), you'd also need ....

An extra set of coaches

One extra tile for each pile, with a number one higher than the usual top one.

Apart from that, I don't see why it wouldn't work, although the chances of a card making it all the way round and back to you would be close to nil.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonus
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Apart from a set of houses (obviously), you'd also need ....

An extra set of coaches

One extra tile for each pile, with a number one higher than the usual top one.

Apart from that, I don't see why it wouldn't work, although the chances of a card making it all the way round and back to you would be close to nil.
Just lay down 7 cards open instead of 6. I don't understand why there isn't a 5th player in the box. It doesn't make sense, except if they want to sell a overpriced 5&6 player expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already a lot of down time with 4 players. 5 would mean more. You can't really be planning your move, because the player to your right might scrape the display.

You wouldn't need new scoring markers, as there are already less than 4 in some stacks. At most 1 more Baverian and one more All Regions would be needed.

No getting around the coach cards, however. Not getting one would really put you behind the 8 ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danger Mike
United States
Fenton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this last Friday with five players. I used a set of purple houses from China, and an extra set of coach cards I printed on cardstock from scans on BGG. I did NOT increase the number of VP chips, or the number of face-up cards.

It worked perfectly. The extra player did not increase playing time by a noticeable amount. The competition for VP chips was fiercer, and the display got blown up a lot. The deck cycles faster, which means discarded cards that you need may turn up again sooner than in a 3 or 4 player game.

I would be willing to try it with six players.

The winner was a twelve-year old who had never played before. Beginner's luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.