15 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Pegasus Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Original Helo and Airlock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Can Helo be targeted by the Airlock while he is off the game board. We know the brig doesn't work and it doesn't make any thematic sense to get executed from Caprica, but the rules may say different. So can he be targeted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because he is not placed onto the board. (I.e. brig/sickbay)

Execution doesn't require you to place Helo on the game board, which is the the only restriction placed on his character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to execute Helo on his first turn? Nasty crowd..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks. We were kind of stuck because there was nothing dictating you couldn't, but it made no thematic sense at all to be able to shoot him out the airlock from Caprica.

As for doing it before he got back, let us just say I was Helo and I totally deserved it. As in using Moral Compass to make a bad decision and pretty clearly failing a check thinking I had immunity. I love this game.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McBomb wrote:
Thanks. We were kind of stuck because there was nothing dictating you couldn't, but it made no thematic sense at all to be able to shoot him out the airlock from Caprica.

As for doing it before he got back, let us just say I was Helo and I totally deserved it. As in using Moral Compass to make a bad decision and pretty clearly failing a check thinking I had immunity. I love this game.

this cool robot

Had a player do the same thing. He was last in turn order, and used everything at his disposal to go against humans. Spiking every other skill check or so, using his OPG to lose resources, and even managed to get s crisis letting him reroll. He practicaly used up all his cards, so executing by then wouldn't have done anything.

Another situation that always amuses me is when playing with Pegasus, Helo starts his 2nd turn Unstranded, but then gets a crisis card that can execute him laugh he went on long enough for his weakness to fully resolve, only to not be able to do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McBomb wrote:

I've played Helo as third player and the second player's crises was the president chooses with "Execute the Admiral" as an option (Assassination Plot?). I insisted on the execution just to jump start my evil plan. I wasn't stranded... I was reunited with my people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
And how did that work out for you? I haven't heard a success story of a cylon coming out turn 1. Did you have another cylon teammate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
And how did that work out for you? I haven't heard a success story of a cylon coming out turn 1. Did you have another cylon teammate?

Really? Well, I won that game. That game my cylon partner was also pre-sleeper. Think we destroyed population for that win by blowing up tons of civvies.

Being a revealed cylon from the beginning is a more dull game cause your turns are faster, but you can do some pretty nasty damage while your partner can be stealthy. If I start as a cylon I am more likely to cause choas right away rather than assist my enemies for a while just to plan a big shiny attack middle of the game that could fail. But, strategy depends on the situation and what character I'm playing. NuHelo, Kat or any admiral are naturally slower playing cylons for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JCChrono wrote:
Sappington wrote:

Really? Well, I won that game. That game my cylon partner was also pre-sleeper. Think we destroyed population for that win by blowing up tons of civvies.

Being a revealed cylon from the beginning is a more dull game cause your turns are faster, but you can do some pretty nasty damage while your partner can be stealthy. If I start as a cylon I am more likely to cause choas right away rather than assist my enemies for a while just to plan a big shiny attack middle of the game that could fail. But, strategy depends on the situation and what character I'm playing. NuHelo, Kat or any admiral are naturally slower playing cylons for me.

in my game with the early reveal Helo, the only reason he didn't win was he was the only cylon in a 5p game. What makes it worse was we barely won. If he got one more turn, we would've lost. If another human turn, chances are, we still would've lost. I'm sure one issue is it's hard for a cylon pilot to pretend to be helping while not doing so. As you won via pop in your game, that just simply wouldn't have been possible if you were being 'the good pilot'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
JCChrono wrote:
Sappington wrote:

As you won via pop in your game, that just simply wouldn't have been possible if you were being 'the good pilot'.

Yep. My cylon buddy was the pilot, and after picking up on the inefficiency, I figured population was the way to go. Yay for oblivious humans.

Actually, Cally was on the team and when it was debated if the pilot was the other cylon the president confidently dismissed the thought. So Cally realized, since the new Admiral was painfully human, and Cally was a human, the president was the other cylon, and got to enjoy the Cally gun he persuaded away from the cylon.

Humans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Haha, oh that game! Oh that was beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:

Depending on the modules in play, it's certainly feasible. In this case, it looks like CFB was in play, which makes early reveals feasible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Haha, oh that game! Oh that was beautiful.

;-) Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Bolo
msg tools
McBomb wrote:
it doesn't make any thematic sense to get executed from Caprica

Just assume that he had an Airlock accident while disembarking from the ship that rescued him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McBomb wrote:
Can Helo be targeted by the Airlock while he is off the game board. We know the brig doesn't work and it doesn't make any thematic sense to get executed from Caprica, but the rules may say different. So can he be targeted?
I've always thought it doesn't make sense that he can influence a skill check that's on Galactica, or thematically so via crisis card, but i roll with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.