Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Variants

Subject: SoB complete campaign : 7 missions, new tiles, new cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning, One Way Ticket was supposed to be a single mission on a train.

It's now a complete campaign with 7 missions.

The Heroes leave Brimstone by train when things turn badly. Their trip ends in Jargono and they have to find their way back home.

They will have to explore new places, fight fierce and new enemies and use all types of transport : not only a train but also a canoe on waterfalls, minecarts in a mine. If you like roller coasters, the last mission is for you.

You will need a Swamps of Death Core set to play the campaign.

I designed new map tiles to fit the missions, corresponding map decks and new encounters.

You can download all the files here (130 pages of adventure) :

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113668/sob-mission-one-way...

I hope you will enjoy it.

You are welcome to leave comments or ask questions.

Many thanks to Alexandre for his precious help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just AWESOME! Thanks so much for taking the time to share this great creation with the SoB community. Looking forward to more great things from you in the future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Franck
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My printer hates you !
More worlds, very different and exotic locations. Thank you for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Moreau
France
Antony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome !

I can't wait to test it (it will have to wait for my heroes to have a level high enough)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petter Mordt
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so great, well done! Flying frog should hire you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all of you.

BTW my printer hates me too....I printed all of it in a printing shop.

Laser print on 250Gr sheets of paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Wow, very cool! I've been meaning to check it out since when you first posted the train idea, but now it has grown into 7 missions?! Impressive! I'm gonna have to check it out in full, looks very promising!!!

If you are able, uploading to something like dropbox so we can download all files at once would be very convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is : a compressed and combined file with everything :

https://mega.co.nz/#!G8lh3bgQ!gqc0lxaA_4zKp_JKQywy49OgMFRl7n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I didn't do the Dark Young with the rest of my MoM/Arkham enemies. He is definitely an epic level and I didn't get around to doing any epics, and now I don't have to. I ended up with the Shoggoth and the Chthonian being somewhere in between the Night Terror and the Goliath balance-wise, but I am really thinking the Shoggoth should be epic. If anybody wants to incorporate a little more mythos stuff with this, I think that my take on the mythos critters will integrate well with this.

This is fantastic work, and will definitely change the way people are playing this game.

I wasn't sure if you were interested in any more detail for the temple. Just as an idea you should take a look at this free map from Lord ZseZse Works.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/102439/Battlemap--Way-to...

I really like their stuff and I want to see if they can do something more along the lines of the Dreamlands. They are quite affordable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Njorl. I downloaded your Mythos enemies a while back and will use them in my new campaign which takes place in.....Dreamlands.
The Shoggoth and the Cthonian could be Epic in my opinion. You could also have large Cthonians along with an extra large one or a Dhole. I should create Gugs and Moon Beasts too.

I know this fantastic Cthulhu map and wanted to use it for the temple but gave up as it is too big for SoB tiles system. I might use it for my next campaign though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Awesome stuff.

I love the extra encounter cards - something fresh the players haven't already encountered.

I see Cthulhu Wars is out (US) or out soon - I wonder how many of those figures could be converted for use in SoB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried printing it up yet, but I was thinking of tweaking it in GIMP to see what I could make of it. Interestingly, I wanted to contact those guys about creating some kind of Dreamlands map since a lot of their material looks really well suited to that idea. I'm getting pretty good at GIMP, and if I had enough resources, I could really come up with something.

I like the idea of having detail and objects on the map tiles. The stock SoB tiles have a lot of things like barrels and darkstone outcroppings. I want to make some campaign/dungeon effect cards that you draw before entering a dungeon, and say something along the lines of:

"Superheated water"
"Every map tile with a water source on it, also has steam limiting line of site to 2 spaces."

Kind of trite, but I think it would be cool to actually add effects to the spaces with objects on the tiles.

I am working with the idea of campaign/dungeon effect cards to help create a card drawing system to generate "campaigns" that would string several mission together. You might have seen a earlier thread where I mentioned that. Pretty much along the exact lines of what you have created structure wise, but simplified and dynamic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ubriel wrote:
Awesome stuff.

I love the extra encounter cards - something fresh the players haven't already encountered.

I see Cthulhu Wars is out (US) or out soon - I wonder how many of those figures could be converted for use in SoB?

FFG has a lot of the minis on their website. For example the Chthonian is 6.99 and the Dark Young is 9.99. All painted as well.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ubriel wrote:

A friend of min received it and I played a game. Great game and the miniatures are compatible with Shadows of Brimstone as FFG Arkham miniatures are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Njorl,

I am looking forward to it. It's a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemies and allies in the campaign :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Barfly
France
flag msg tools
badge
SLURP
mbmbmbmbmb
Superbe campagne !

J'aime beaucoup la dernière mission qui utilise les tiles avec rail.

D'où proviennent les figurines de Itzel et du Dark Shaman, sur la dernière photo ?

Great campaign!

I'm very fond of the last mission that uses tiles with rails.

Where do get the figures Itzel and Dark Shaman, on the last picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci

Itzel is a Reaper Bones miniature :

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/liela/latest/77121

You can find many suitable miniatures in Reaper range (both metal and polymer).

The shaman is a Horrorclix Voodoo Baron (now oop).

The dark youg is from Avolak Castings (but RAFM makes one too and others may be found in Arkham Horror and Cthulhu Wars boardgames).

http://www.avolakcastings.com/#!store

I wrote the last mission for Swamps of Jargono core set but if you have both sets you could even add more rails tiles (but change the mission special rules then).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Excellent campaign, loved the Indiana Jones feel of the Temple.

Do you have any plans for a campaign using City of the Ancients?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, finally got all the hi res card images uploaded and designed at printer studio. sharing the link to any others that may want to order these for a great campaign

http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/sell_product_shop.aspx?des...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Moreau
France
Antony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jparkerweb wrote:
Ok, finally got all the hi res card images uploaded and designed at printer studio. sharing the link to any others that may want to order these for a great campaign

Great!!!

Should it be possible to merge all OWT cards in one deck ? I think it would reduce the overall price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link Justin.

Ubriel wrote:
Do you have any plans for a campaign using City of the Ancients?

I have plans for a campaign using both core sets this time (and mainly Targa plateau tiles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akmor wrote:
jparkerweb wrote:

Great!!!

Should it be possible to merge all OWT cards in one deck ? I think it would reduce the overall price.

Sure, that is possible, but not the easiest to create via the Printer Studio interface without chance of human error (you upload the card images to a library, then drag and drop them into place; the thumbnail views of the card in the library are very tiny and hard to read whats going on). Also, having them broken up, you could decide you just want the cards for just one mission, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric LAURENT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about 3 new campaigns or small games. Let me know what you think and what you would prefer.

1/ Asylum : a campaign set in a new Otherworld. It starts in an asylum and leads to Dreamlands. Probably a 5 missions campaign using existing map tiles from both sets and new ones. It would be closer to a RPG as only the player running the campaign would know what happens in the next mission : a total surprise for other players.

2/ a Frontier Town mission playable many times. Sometimes, when you fail a mission some buildings are destroyed by the Darkness.

You could play this mission in town to save the town from Darkness. Only buildings tiles with a preset map (or not I don't know yet) and a few roads connecting buildings (but without exploration tokens nor Darkness....a new system I am thinking about).

3/ American indian monsters: Wendigo, jackalopes, chupacabra, hodag, sasquatch, ....a kind of Bounty hunting of monsters in the mines and in Targa for the Wendigo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moavoamoatu wrote:
I am thinking about 3 new campaigns or small games. Let me know what you think and what you would prefer.

1/ Asylum : a campaign set in a new Otherworld. It starts in an asylum and leads to Dreamlands. Probably a 5 missions campaign using existing map tiles from both sets and new ones. It would be closer to a RPG as only the player running the campaign would know what happens in the next mission : a total surprise for other players.

2/ a Frontier Town mission playable many times. Sometimes, when you fail a mission some buildings are destroyed by the Darkness.

You could play this mission in town to save the town from Darkness. Only buildings tiles with a preset map (or not I don't know yet) and a few roads connecting buildings (but without exploration tokens nor Darkness....a new system I am thinking about).

3/ American indian monsters: Wendigo, jackalopes, chupacabra, hodag, sasquatch, ....a kind of Bounty hunting of monsters in the mines and in Targa for the Wendigo.

My vote is for number 2.
The current town system is VERY weak and want it to be more interactive, with tiles and the ability to fight monsters, etc. I know FFP has promised a new Town with tiles, new rules, etc., but who knows when we will see that. I am also biased because I only found out about SoB after the KS was over, so I am at the mercy of what I can buy online/retail

I also play SoB solo for the most part (controlling a 2 character posse, so option 1 won't be much fun for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.