5 Posts

The Ancient World» Forums » General

Subject: Would you recommend this game over DEUS for 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Wilborn
msg tools
mbmb
I know that at heart they use pretty different mechanics; one being a worker placement and the other being a hand management, but they both offer empire building.

For 2 players, is there a tree reason I would want to go with The Ancient World over DEUS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love ancient world but no...
Dues offers was more game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deus has slightly less player blocking, they are both pretty easy to learn. Deus possibly has a bit more replay value. It depends on whether you prefer an engine building game or a set collection game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Power
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it would depend on your tastes. I played Ancient World once, and thought it was ok. I wasn't blown away, but I did want to play it again. I played Deus 4 times and was largely unimpressed. The only real novelty to it was the cool card combos you could do. But once that got old, the rest of the game didn't hold my interest. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it just didn't impress me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are good games. I like The Ancient World a bit more, though, because it grows more over time. It looks like a simple and light game at first glance, but there is a lot of depth hidden under the surface. With Deus on the other hand, it is pretty obvious what you get right from the first game. And TAW scores a bit higher on the originality/novelty area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.