Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. We just finished Aftermath scenario and as IP I was not sure how I can deploy troops.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There are three spawning points on that map. Green, yellow and red.

Fortified rule:
- deploy the reserved E-web engineer to any yellow point. That figure becomes focused

After this event is triggered, does that mean, that the yellow points become unlocked for normal end round deploy and reinforce, or is it necessary the yellow point is explicitly stated as unlocked in the scenario text?

Thank you for your response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, the yellow point is ONLY for the e-web. Depending on your choices you can use the red one too, but usually just the green one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the proof:

RRG - Deployment wrote:
- Green deployment points are active at the start of each mission. Red, blue, and yellow deployment points are not active until specified by the mission’s rules, even if another rule allows a one-time deployment to any of those points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case we played it properly. Sons and droids of the Empire crushed the rebel forces using valid rules. It was close so I thought it was a right ruling, but I really was not sure about that. Thank you for your quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Here's the proof:

RRG - Deployment wrote:
- Green deployment points are active at the start of each mission. Red, blue, and yellow deployment points are not active until specified by the mission’s rules, even if another rule allows a one-time deployment to any of those points.

I remembered the first part, but I missed the part with one-time deployment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you deploy groups into a named room from an event, the room does not become an active deployment point either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: do you reveal the deployment points to the rebel players at the start of the mission?

Not quite clear on that one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The location of deployment points is hidden information and remains that way:

RRG -Deployment wrote:
• Deployment points on the mission’s diagram are hidden information. The Imperial player must follow these icons but cannot show the map to the Rebel players.

You do need to read rules like, "The red deployment point is now active." However, the Rebels will not know where the red point is and you do not need to tell them you are using the red point when you resolve an optional deployment.

Note that tile names are not hidden, though. Rebels could ask about which tiles are named at any time and you can fill them in.

RRG - Hidden Information wrote:
Tile names are not hidden information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you disclose the status or color of the deployment point? Let them speculate why the enemies appear there. The event text should be enough information for the rebels in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Why would you disclose the status or color of the deployment point? Let them speculate why the enemies appear there. The event text should be enough information for the rebels in this case.

Because the rules say:

Campaign Guide - Mission Events - p2 wrote:
When an event is triggered, all of the rule information within the section is read aloud and resolved, in order.

Thus, if a rule says the red deployment point is active, you must read that text out. The Rebels will know a new deployment point is active, but they have no clue where that deployment point is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are probably right. On the other hand the rules say, you are not allowed to read the options. Which opens possible questions if "this particular piece of information is what one should read or not".

It would be nice if they added some example in the rules. When I had read RRG I was sure I had understood this rule, then we started to play and I was not sure about it any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
On the other hand the rules say, you are not allowed to read the options. Which opens possible questions if "this particular piece of information is what one should read or not".

If it happened, you read it. If it did not, you do not read it.

I.e. If you have a choice, read only the option you selected. Otherwise read everything else from each event when they trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Mäkäräinen
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been emitting that part of the data, as the players don't know the existence of the deployment points anyhow, but will change my behavior from now on. It'll keep them more on their toes as new spots appear
Incoming has been one exception, though, as the deployment point info is pretty much integrated in the end of round info.

- Kez.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so great to read "The Red deployment point is now active." to the rebels in a dramatic voice. Even if you will never end up using it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.