Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So, no errata for the game itself (at least not yet!), but, as some of you may have noticed, there was a pretty glaring proofing error in the historical article that accompanied it-- some of the text was missing from each column on page 48.

We had gone over the piece and the magazine again and again, with multiple eyes on the thing, and the lines were there. But then we made a last-minute change to the lineage chart-- just before we went to press-- and the new chart overlapped the text, resulting in the first two lines of each column disappearing.

I feel awfully silly for not catching this-- worse than silly, really, because I take this very seriously-- and this is something we are going to correct, errata-style, in our second issue. So you all don't have to wait that long-- from the sentence that takes us over from page 47:

"...Rather than lead Alfred and his men to safety as promised, Godwin delivered them to Harold Harefoot's men. Alfred's eyes were put out, and he died early the next year, never again posing a threat to Harold's reign."

And from the bottom of the first column on 48:

"...The House of Godwin had strong-armed the King, and won. When Godwin died, his son Harold succeeded him as Earl of Wessex. In 1055, the Godwin family's hold on power was strengthened when Harold's brother Tostig was made the Earl of Northumbria upon the previous Earl's demise."

Again, I'm awfully embarrassed I didn't catch this before we went to print. I am working hard to try and ensure our second issue is error-free.

==Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just reading the article this morning and going "What the heck? Something's missing", so I'm glad to see this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too funny because I hadn't even noticed it. And now I can't unsee it!

Thanks for looking out for us Tom. I've been enjoying the game immensely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.