Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to take my softcover D&D Players handbook (from the new Players Kit) in to be spiral bound. Should I take my Battlestations book and have it spiral bound as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a spiral bound copy of our last draft and appreciated it most when I was trying to layout a ship. On the perfect bound books you have to prop the book open while juggling the modules.

OTOH, spiral binding it might lower the resale value but that would drive up the resale value of my copy so go ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
OTOH, spiral binding it might lower the resale value but that would drive up the resale value of my copy so go ahead.

LOL.

FYI, I went and spiral bound my manual and I BLAME ALL YOU GEEKS that the binding wasn't done right! The spine was cut too deep and now on every page the first letters of all the words in the binding are somewhat chopped. It's still very easy to read but an annoyance. Why do I blame you geeks? I thought all geeks had their brains wired to BGG.com and as such would've been able to instantaneously post here insisting that I NOT do such a thing to my Battlestations manual.

Ourhero aka Jeff Siadek (co-creator of this awesome game), any chance that I can get some love and get a replacement Battlestations manual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well first of all don't insult the man. Jeff is not the co-creator, he is the designer, look at the first page inside of the book. and second you have to ask very nicely.....add acouple of please's with sugar ontop. good luck

stay well,

jj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about buying a new copy of the manual?? It was, after all, your decision to mutilate the holy relic you had in the first place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick wrote:
How about buying a new copy of the manual?? It was, after all, your decision to mutilate the holy relic you had in the first place!

As I've read through the manual I've "mutilated", it's still very readable. Although, for only $20 shipped, an extra manual is tempting.

BTW, for those who have the manual, can you tell if you can cut the spine deep enough for spiral binding WITHOUT having the same result I've had?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.