Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 11-year-old daughter had a night off from homework so she asked if mom and dad wanted to play a game of Niagara. This was my third game of it and I really like the game. My daughter had twice played before with two-player variants once each with me and my wife.

My wife had previously been taught the game by my daughter so you know she didn't receive all the correct information on rules. Needless to say she was not too thrilled about playing this game.

The session went pretty well. The problem was that no one was ever in a position to steal someone's gems. As a result my daughter ended up winning by getting four of the purple gems (those closest to the docks). She almost didn't make it when her last last two gems were loaded but her boats kept coasting downriver with the current. She thought she'd be smart and increase the speed of the current. It almost bit her in the butt as she was one step away from going over the falls.

I was pretty much out of the game when one of my boats went down the falls. I had no gems to my name and took forever for to get one since I didn't have any paddles with high movement points.

My daughter ended up winning when we got all of our paddles back and she was able to play a six and make it safely to shore.

I had a good time with it as did my daughter. My wife on the other hand was not enthused at all. I kept getting the same comments like "I don't get it" or "This is stupid". Had we been stealing each others gems maybe she would have had a better time. I hope she'll give this one another try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.