Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures in UK & Belgium due to lack of space. PM me for GW Bretonnia/Skaven miniatures.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I would like to have your opinion about the peril card which inflicts damage on the heroes passing a strenght text (peril card 5/10).

We have already the feeling it was a bit unthematic but since we have got also Nature's Ire, we are playing this peril card in the opposite way (damage is inflicted if you fail the test). That's because in Nature's Ire there is an exploration card with the same situation (blocked path) where the heroes lose fatigue if the fail the test, and it makes more sense to my group.

I would be glad to have your opinion about it. I think this is the only card/situation where the heroes are penalised (instead of being awarded) for passing a test. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Mithrandir82 wrote:
Hello, I would like to have your opinion about the peril card which inflicts damage on the heroes passing a strenght text (peril card 5/10).

We have already the feeling it was a bit unthematic but since we have got also Nature's Ire, we are playing this peril card in the opposite way (damage is inflicted if you fail the test). That's because in Nature's Ire there is an exploration card with the same situation (blocked path) where the heroes lose fatigue if the fail the test, and it makes more sense to my group.

I would be glad to have your opinion about it. I think this is the only card/situation where the heroes are penalised (instead of being awarded) for passing a test. surprise

The flavour text on the card does suggest this reversal of fortune.

"The strongest can move it, but not without consequence."

Only the strongest Heroes can move the jagged rock but in doing so they pull a hamstring or somesuch.

I think the developers just decided to throw in a curveball. I don't see it as a biggie and am happy to leave it as it is.

Thematically, it might have been better if there was some sort of time penalty if the test was failed (such as moving the Fate marker) but then it might make the card too harsh.

Leave as is, it adds some variety to the tests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures in UK & Belgium due to lack of space. PM me for GW Bretonnia/Skaven miniatures.
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
[q="Mithrandir82"]Leave as is, it adds some variety to the tests.

I still don't have a clear explanation how the heroes will clear the path if nobody managed to move the rock (everybody failed the test which it is more likely to happen with only 2 heroes) but maybe:
- one of them is a Geomancer and he will kindly ask the rock to move away after failing the test.
- after the "supposed" strongest failed, all the heroes tried together and they achieved the objective.

Indeed, with a bit of imagination some interpretation can be found !!

Thank you very much for your opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.