Subject: Sleeved cards storage... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I were to sleeve the entire game...would it all fit between the base game box and Vengeance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But before that...is it worth sleeving? Anyone have it and played it a bunch without sleeves? How are the cards doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:
But before that...is it worth sleeving? Anyone have it and played it a bunch without sleeves? How are the cards doing?

I've played dozens of games and the heroes used most often are showing wear, as well as heroes that some players were less then delicate with some cards. End result, I sleeved everything in ultra-pro sleeves.

The game no longer fits in the boxes. The channels are slightly too narrow for sleeved cards to fit well. Also the added bulk of sleeves means it would take about 4 boxes to fit everything. Www.go7gaming.com has an insert made to fit the game boxes and more details. I have been debating purchasing several for my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have everything SoTM except for last expansion, so through vengence in penny sleeves and it does fit in the two boxes for me, with a single foam block of space remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved everything with Mayday penny sleeves (after Scholar got himself wounds he couldn't heal with his power) and yet I still managed to fit EVERYTHING (all expansions and mini expansions included)in two boxes- Base and Vengeance hold everything official, so I use Rook City/Infernal Relics for Cauldron and other custom stuff.

Yes, it fits WITH tokens, manuals, all printed promos and Vengeance Five character cards. I'll send you a photo once I get back home.

The bad side- it's really cramped and penny sleeves are crappy as all heck and break all the time. The good side- they're dirt cheap (compared to other) so I can easily replace them and they're soft and easy to shuffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested to know, the card channels in all my boxes were too narrow to fit sleeved cards without the sleeve tops really getting bent up. How were you guys able to manage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange1 wrote:
I'm interested to know, the card channels in all my boxes were too narrow to fit sleeved cards without the sleeve tops really getting bent up. How were you guys able to manage?

Penny sleeves are just the right size. I tried with FFG ones before and they bent like crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep my cards fit fine as well, ultra pro 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 wont though... Not sure which penny sleeves exactly are the correct size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
yep my cards fit fine as well, ultra pro 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 wont though... Not sure which penny sleeves exactly are the correct size.

These ones:
https://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves/most-popular/almost-a-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't bother sleeving the villains or environments. Nobody picks them up with dirty hands or shuffles them nearly as much as the heroes' decks. Consequently, I went with Mayday premiums for all the heroes and they still look great. If you fear spills on the table, you might want to do the penny sleeves for the other decks, but I'm willing to risk it.

There is a hobby lobby artist's case that can be modified to fit all the cards inside (search for the other storage threads to find it), but if I had sleeved all my cards with premiums they would not have fit organized horizontally in four rows. I could have organized the cards vertically to make space for another row of cards, but I simply decided the four would be sufficient because I do not print unofficial expansions like the cauldron. As it stands, I'll have just enough room for the remaining expansions to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I sleeved all mine in Ultra-pro sleeves. I fit everything into 3 boxes. I have fit the Villains into one box. The environments went into my Vengeance box with the carry over Heroes filling the second line and the Over-sized cards and tokens in the sideways compartment. I can fit the promo characters in if I had them but I do have Wrath and all its extras fitted in also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
I sleeved the base game and Vengeance with Ultra Pro penny sleeves, and its okay. Fits in the box fine, but the card has a little too much room in the sleeve.

I also tried:

The Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves fit like glove. They can be too snug on many other games but fit great on Sentinels. The cost was just too much for me though, especially if I get more expansions.

The Mayday Green or Almost a Penny sleeves might be a good happy middle ground both in terms of fit and cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange1 wrote:

It's odd. I've read numerous times that the channels are too narrow for people, but I use the "stock" Ultra Pro clears and never had issue in the base enhanced box, Infernal relics & rook city combo, nor Vengeance. They fit like a glove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BakaMattSu wrote:
Archange1 wrote:

It's odd. I've read numerous times that the channels are too narrow for people, but I use the "stock" Ultra Pro clears and never had issue in the base enhanced box, Infernal relics & rook city combo, nor Vengeance. They fit like a glove.

All my boxes, Two Enhanced Edition and the Vengenace box (I did not get the Rook City/Infernal Relics box, I bought those early on seperately.) are all too narrow for penny sleeves, they add to much height to the top of the card causing the sleeves to have to bend to fit in the box.

I did sleeve everything in the much snugger Ultra Pro Deck protector sleeves (much thinker and better quality then penny sleeves, but much more expensive) and even those have to be wedged in to fit.

Perhaps there was a size difference in boxes, mine are all from early editions and pre-orders?

I just know I would kill for an extra 1/8" in each card channel row of my boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up using mostly the Ultra Pro Pro-Fit. They are almost exactly the same size as the cards, and take a bit of effort to get on, but are awesome. Several decks, mostly the base stuff, are too big, so I used a mixture of Ultra Pro premium sleeves and Dragon Shields for those. All fit in the base/RCIR/Vengeance boxes. Not sure why some decks from a box fit in the Pro Fits and some don't. Tried sleeves from a different package, same result.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Dragon Shields and everything fit into the EE/RCIR/Vengeance boxes without issue.

My original Enhanced Edition box was slightly thinner than the RCIR and Vengeneace boxes so I bought a later printing in December just for the bigger box. I'll probably buy a second RCIR box to store Cauldron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Whyte
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got FFG Sleeves; they don't fit well in the box

Has anyone seen a good box? I just need something for cards, not tokens, so the go7gaming insert doesn't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I have every Sentinels card released to date (though, not the Cauldron). I sleeved everything in UltraPro penny sleeves. After about a hundred plays, I'm glad I did.

The heroes almost all fit into the Base game box. Wraith, Visionary, and Unity spill over. Those three and all the villains fit in the Rook City/Infernal Relics box.

Environments and tokens fit in the Vengeance box. I probably have room for Villains of the Multiverse in that setup, but not sure how much more after that.

I'd really like a one-box solution, but the systems I see for the Hobby Lobby case don't seem like they are big enough to hold everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Ultra Pro sleeves and they fit in the boxes without a problem. I have all the expansions except the newest one just released. I have to use the three full sized boxes with the damage tokens and markers in the Shattered timelines box. I think the newest expansion will still fit in the boxes I have, though. So I have a little more time, at least until the next expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyra Lochelle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all of the sets and use perfect fit sleeves on my cards, and they fit nicely in two boxes (one for heroes and one for villains and environments, with a third for tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange1 wrote:
BakaMattSu wrote:
Archange1 wrote:

All my boxes, Two Enhanced Edition and the Vengenace box (I did not get the Rook City/Infernal Relics box, I bought those early on seperately.) are all too narrow for penny sleeves, they add to much height to the top of the card causing the sleeves to have to bend to fit in the box.

I did sleeve everything in the much snugger Ultra Pro Deck protector sleeves (much thinker and better quality then penny sleeves, but much more expensive) and even those have to be wedged in to fit.

Perhaps there was a size difference in boxes, mine are all from early editions and pre-orders?

I just know I would kill for an extra 1/8" in each card channel row of my boxes.

I finally compared some boxes side by side. My Vengeance box is actually about 1/8" wider than my Enhanced edition box. Ultra Pro Fit sleeves fit wonderfully in my Vengeance box, but will not fit in my Enhanced Edition boxes....Weird...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.