Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I have a queston about the range that effects the game some abilities.

If i'm getting this right

e.g. Cone of Cold, affects all the game, in all players' fields, so if it needs 3 or more characters to function, does this mean that i can have 2 characters in my field and one in the enemy's field, so i can use the cone of cold , even hurting my own characters?

e.g. Fireball can be used to damage everything (players and characters) before i field my characters for the turn?

e.g. Prismatic Ray lowers the stats of my character too?

e.g. The Treant , while active, increases the cost of evil characters. Both mine and the enemy's?

So the question is, if not explicitely stated, the effects are concerning the whole both fields , for both players?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, you're correct on everything. I've been playing since Marvel AvX, so that's the knowledge base I bring.

In general, a card will specify that it only applies to you or only applies to your opponent. If it doesn't, it applies to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Chrysopoulos
Greece
Thessaloniki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
Hello!
Fireball can be used to damage everything (players and characters) before i field my characters for the turn?

Yes, when you use action dice that damage all characters the characters still in reserve do not take any damage.

Excerpt from the rulebook:

In his main step, Eric first uses the Stinking Cloud. It does one damage to Eric’s two NPCs in the field and one damage to each of Mike’s three NPCs. Since each NPC took one damage and has a defense of one, they are all knocked out and go to their owner’s prep areas. Eric places the Stinking Cloud die in his used pile.
Next he uses his energy to buy another Halfling Thief, and places those dice in his used pile. Then he fields his NPC, attacks Mike with it, reduces Mike’s life to 9, and moves the NPC to his used pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhtsos wrote:
manolios wrote:
Hello!
Fireball can be used to damage everything (players and characters) before i field my characters for the turn?

Yes, when you use action dice that damage all characters the characters still in reserve do not take any damage.

Excerpt from the rulebook:

In his main step, Eric first uses the Stinking Cloud. It does one damage to Eric’s two NPCs in the field and one damage to each of Mike’s three NPCs. Since each NPC took one damage and has a defense of one, they are all knocked out and go to their owner’s prep areas. Eric places the Stinking Cloud die in his used pile.
Next he uses his energy to buy another Halfling Thief, and places those dice in his used pile. Then he fields his NPC, attacks Mike with it, reduces Mike’s life to 9, and moves the NPC to his used pile.

Interesting. I'm glad you highlighted that.
I never thought about delaying to field units until after using global or spell effects. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.