Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of buying the limited edition rule book . The thing that really concerns me is since I've gotton my captians pledge just about everything has been changed except the minis! I feel like if I get the book now they will be offering another special rule book for the next kickstarter . With updated rules , characters ect .. Is anyone else getting the book ? Or is there people skipping on the book and why ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't buy the rule book for the rules as it's likely there will be edits/changes/expansions/modifications to them long after the rules have been released in other formats.

Really, the book is all about adding flavor to your game as I would expect it to include lots of back story and creative writing.

Additionally, I really think the book is about featuring art work and detailed images of the figures. I said it in another thread, but as someone that owns the 1.0 book for the MERCS tabletop game, I'm imagining this to be very similar. If you can find a way to see that book before deciding on this one I think that's your best bet. As someone that painted MERCS figures and will be continuing to paint the Myth figures having those types of photos is a valuable resource.

I also really like Keith's art style and enjoy seeing all the sketches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't view it as a rule book, over half the book is dedicated to hero content.

With the additional module and painting tutorial, it was an easy sale for me. YMMV though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes I see it less as a rule book and more like a D&D players handbook. It's good to have something you can show to new players to get them excited about the game, it's characters, and universe without overwhelming them with all the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am buying it knowing the rules may still be tweaked. I am more interested in the lore and artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.